Deepika Padukone stuns in white as she parties with Ananya Panday, Ishaan Khatter at Siddhant Chaturvedi’s residence. See pics
Diwali parties were quite a rarity this year but a few celebrities still managed to come together for get-togethers. Among them was the team of Shakun Batra’s next, headlined by Deepika Padukone. The actor partied along with her co-stars Ananya Panday and Siddhant Chaturvedi at the latter’s residence on Friday.
Deepika was spotted arriving at Siddhant’s house in a white short kurta and sharara pants. She had her hair tied in a ponytail. Ananya chose a stylish multi-colour gown with a thigh-high slit for the occasion. She was accompanied by her Khaali Peeli co-star Ishaan Khatter. He was in a multi-colour shirt and shoes with cargo denims. Meanwhile, the host - Siddhant - was in an unconventional kurta and salwar pants.
The entire team had returned from their shooting schedule in Goa last month. They all were spotted at the Kalina airport upon their arrival.
Deepika is working for the first time with Ananya and Siddhant. Being produced by Karan Johar, the film was originally meant to be shot in Sri Lanka, but the plan had to be changed due to the coronavirus pandemic. Talking about the change in shooting location, a Mumbai Mirror report had quoted a source as saying, “The delay gave Shakun time to work on the script. Since shooting in Sri Lanka is not feasible, they changed the setting to Goa which has a similar landscape of beaches and vintage churches.”
Talking about the film, Deepika had earlier told Hindustan Times in an interview, “To be honest, you can’t call Shakun’s film ‘light’ either... Although the overall tonality of the film is slightly lighter than my last film, in terms of inner, emotional turmoil my character goes through, it’s quite challenging. The overall genre of the film is something we haven’t seen much in Indian cinema, it’s called domestic noir. I don’t think that’s a genre we are very familiar with, but at the same time the audience is completely ready for it, as we have been exposed to that genre in different ways, whether through Hollywood films or OTT platforms. What I enjoy and look forward to, as far as this film is concerned, Shakun has this strong point with people and relationships.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut once claimed credit for some iconic scenes in Queen, and said that she did not expect much from the film.
- Ibrahim Ali Khan's friend has shared a picture with the star kid from their family home, Pataudi Palace. See it here.
- Actor Ankita Lokhande has defended Mahhi Vij and Jay Bhanushali against allegations that they abandoned their foster children.
- Karan Johar took to Instagram and shared a video of his children Roohi and Yash role-playing as a mother-son duo.
- Shraddha Kapoor and Ranveer Singh were spotted at the birthday bash of her rumoured boyfriend, celebrity photographer Rohan Shrestha. See pictures here.
- Kangana Ranaut has said that she did Queen 'for money' and never thought it would even be released. The film celebrates its seventh anniversary on Sunday.
- Pictures of Shah Rukh Khan at his parents' grave site in New Delhi showed the actor paying his respects. Shah Rukh's parents died when he was very young.
- Pooja Bhatt has revealed the advice her father Mahesh Bhatt gave her before shooting a romantic scene with Sanjay Dutt in Sadak.
- Sonam Kapoor, who lives in London, shared a throwback picture from their childhood to wish Janhvi Kapoor on her birthday. See here.
- An unseen picture of Saif Ali Khan with his son Ibrahim Ali Khan from latter's birthday bash has surfaced online. See it here.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared information about a new restaurant called Sona in New York. She has been creatively involved with it from contributing in its design, menu, music and even with its name.
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.