I don’t like to look back. It is a waste of time: Abhishek Bachchan
The only son of megastar Amitabh Bachchan, he made his acting debut in 2000 and won hearts for performances in films like Guru and Yuva. But Abhishek Bachchan says one should not “waste time” living on “past laurels” and should, instead, look to the future.
Asked how he looks at his 16-year-old journey in filmdom, the-40-year-old said in an interview: “I don’t like to look back. It is a waste of time. It is better to look ahead and the new horizons you have set to conquer.”
“If you keep looking over your shoulder, you are going to start moving backwards after a while. So don’t live on your past laurels. Look to the future and try to achieve new ones,” he added.
While the actor has worked in hits like Dostana, Dhoom, Bunty Aur Babli, he has also had his share of duds like Drona and Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon.
Asked if success and failure of a film affects him, Abhishek said: “Of course it does. It is like your own creative baby. You work hard on a film. When it does well, it’s a great confidence booster. It’s an affirmation that your belief in working hard is correct and you are going in the right direction.”
“If the film doesn’t do well...it tells you that you didn’t get it right and you have to try to get it right. So, it’s going to affect you both ways. Success and failure both affect you,” he added.
Abhishek is married to former Miss World and well-known actor Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and the two were last seen on-screen in Mani Ratnam’s Raavan, which released in 2010.
Abhishek is keen to work with Aishwarya again.
“I would like to work with her. Like we have always said that ‘Oh! we want to work together, so let’s make a film’. You are talking about two individual actors, who individually like and want to do a script (together).”
The Housefull 3 actor says whenever the couple does find something they both want to work on, they would grab the opportunity. “As and when we find something, I am sure we will be the first people to jump on board,” he said.
Abhishek and Aishwarya got married in 2007 and the two welcomed their daughter Aaradhya Bachchan in November 2011. He says parenthood is an “instinct”.
“The greatest thing about parenthood is that it’s an instinct and it just happens naturally. You learn to cope with it in your own way. If anybody asks me about tips on parenting, I just say ‘dont worry about it, it will come naturally to you’,” said Abhishek, who is the face of watch brand Omega.
The Paa star says parenthood is a joyous time for both husband and wife. “Obviously, when you bring a new life into the world you have responsibility towards that. But it’s the most joyous time for any parent,” he said.
Follow @htshowbiz for more.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, urged Sushant Singh Rajput's fans to stop blaming her and said that no one knows her side of the story. She also revealed that she went through depression.
- Sanjay Dutt introduced fans to his new look in a family portrait shared by his wife Maanayata Dutt. He could be seen sporting bleached hair in the photo.
- Priyanka Chopra said that while she gets a lot of love and protectiveness from her South Asian fans, there are a lot of people from the community who are negative about her.
- Actor Rahul Bose has reacted to Anil Kapoor's story about almost killing him while shooting a scene for Dil Dhadakne Do.
- 83 will explore the dynamic between Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev, actor Tahir Raj Bhasin has teased. Ranveer Singh plays Kapil in the upcoming sports drama, directed by Kabir Khan.
- After wearing a T-shirt with 'let's smash patriarchy' printed on it just ahead of her arrest last year, Rhea Chakraborty made a fresh statement with her clothes on Sunday, by wearing a hoodie with 'Man up' written on it.
- Arjun Kapoor and Malaika Arora were spotted at Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan's residence in Mumbai on Sunday. During his visit, Arjun was captured scolding a photographer for climbing the wall of Kareena's building.
- Actor Kareena Kapoor Khan has shared the first picture of herself after becoming a mother for the second time. "Missed you all," she wrote. See the picture here.
- Alia Bhatt is also a producer now. The Gangubai Kathiawadi actor shared the news and said how she intends to tell happy and real tales.
- Amitabh Bachchan's granddaughter Navya Naveli Nanda shared new pictures with her friends. See them here.