Is Priyanka Chopra pregnant? Mom Madhu Chopra answers viral speculation
Months after Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas tied the knot, speculation jumped the gun as it announced the Quantico actor pregnant last week based on a new set of pictures. Priyanka – known for her fit bod – recently appeared in checkered co-ods at designer Michael Kors’ show during the New York Fashion Week with a tell-tale bulge.
A few photos and internet was sure that Priyanka and Nick were expecting. The actor’s mother, Madhu Chopra, has now dismissed the speculation for what it was – a few photos with a particular camera angle. “It was a bad angle,” she said in an interview to Mid-Day, “The outfit was nice. She looked like that only in some pictures, the rest were fine. Blame it on the camera angle!”
Priyanka, she said, was not amused. “When I spoke to Priyanka on the phone, she told me that she was tired and hence, had a slumped posture. I told her what people were saying, and she simply said, ‘Mamma, give me a break!’”
When Priyanka Chopra’s mother was worried about her
When asked if it was tough being a mother to Priyanka at a time when she started out in a male-dominated industry, Madhu told PTI, “There were times when I had doubts, if this is the right way she’s going. She was moving so fast. She was on a rocket propelled move.” Madhu said Priyanka “wonderfully” evolved as an actor and as a mother she is with her daughter every step of the way.
“I thought she’s missing out on some aspects of her life because she’s so dedicated to her career, profession and her craft. As I saw her evolve, I started enlisting. Only in the initial days I was worried. Later, I was with her in her trajectory.”
On Priyanka’s production, Firebrand
Madhu said the story of Firebrand resonated with them. “Priyanka is bold, she’s not scared. She says it as it comes so the content should reflect that. She supports these kind of films. She has the final say, on the creatives and every aspect of filmmaking. “She’s so passionate about films, I’m probably 1 per cent of what she is. She looks after every aspect of filmmaking, it’s her baby.” Directed by National Award winner Aruna Raje, the film touches upon the concept of modern day relationships, its complexities and chronicles the story of a strong woman who rises above challenges. Madhu said in the beginning the biggest challenge for them was to be taken seriously.
How Priyanka manages her production house
“They said ‘Priyanka is in America how’s she making films here.’ But Priyanka knows how to do things and is very up to date with gadgets, so remote controlling your company isn’t tough. The difficulty then was people taking you seriously. After Ventilator, people realised we mean business. Our films have been very well received. It was our mandate that regions should get a platform, all India or global.”
On Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas’ wedding
Madhu says the team is gearing up to see how the global audience responds to Firebrand. The actor has been in and out of the country ever since her wedding with popstar Nick Jonas. Priyanka had recently joked how her mother wanted to invite more people for the wedding but finally they had to agree on only 200 people. When asked about that, Madhu quipped, “Yes! She wanted a very intimate wedding. That’s her choice. For me it was like a shock! Who do you not invite?! But she took her scissors and (cut all the names).”
With successful films such as Fashion, Kaminey and Barfi to her credit, Priyanka moved to the US to play the lead role in TV show Quantico, which led to other offers from Hollywood.
The actor also runs a production house Purple Pebble Pictures with her mother, with a focus on Indian regional cinema. The mother daughter duo have produced the upcoming Marathi film, Firebrand under their banner. The film will start streaming on Netflix from February 22. Firebrand stars veteran Marathi actors like like Usha Jadhav, Girish Kulkarni, Sachin Khedekar and Rajeshwari Sachdev.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Twitter users reacted after Kangana Ranaut shamed 'achievers' of today for wearing 'torn American jeans and rags like blouses'. Some found pictures of Kangana herself wearing the clothes that she described.
- Sunny Leone 'found' husband Daniel Weber wearing nothing but a strategically placed hat, and decided to shoot a video of him for her Instagram followers.
- The trailer for Flight, a new film starring Mohit Chadda, has been released. Watch here.
- Shabana Azmi shared a rare throwback picture from the golden era. While there are number of well-known faces in the picture, she mentioned how she failed to recall who the Soviets were in the picture.
- A video of Shraddha grooving to Stree song Kamariya during her birthday celebrations in Maldives has appeared online.
- Ibrahim Ali Khan attended the wedding of Punjab CM Amarinder Singh's granddaughter recently, and pictures of him having a good time have surfaced online.
- Priyanka Chopra and mother Madhu Chopra were recently spotted taking a walk on a London street. The actor is in the UK for the shooting of spy series, Citadel.
- Tiger Shroff, mom Ayesha Shroff, sister Krishna Shroff and rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani came together for the actor's birthday dinner.
- Shraddha Kapoor turns 34 on Wednesday and to celebrate we are revisiting the time she told her father, Shakti Kapoor, how proud she was of him.
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.