Madhur Bhandarkar meets Yogi Adityanath, lauds UP’s film policy
Bollywood producer-director Madhur Bhandarkar on Tuesday met Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath at his official residence and evinced interest in shooting for his next film in the state, officials said. Adityanath had a morning engagement with the noted director. Officials said Bhandarkar lauded the new film policy of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in the state.
Uttar Pradesh has been pitching hard to attract Bollywood to shoot in the state. It was also a partner in the film festival in Goa where senior officials camped and met film personalities to discuss the benefits of shooting in the state, the officials added.
Uttar Pradesh has drawn a large number of film producers in the past five years. Former Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had rolled out the red carpet for shoots. Dozens of films were shot in different locations of the state.
However, with the BJP coming to power, there has been a break in this as the film world views the present dispensation as a hardliner and does not want to “court unnecessary controversy”, a known film personality told IANS.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.
- Sharing how meeting a girl at an education programme led her to discover her bisexuality, Shonali Bose says, 'I hope, the youth today doesn’t have that shame'.
- Film producer Rhea Kapoor got love from a number of Bollywood beauties including Kareena Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Karisma Kapoor on her birthday.