Sushmita Sen announces return to films: ‘My fans have waited 10 long years’
Sushmita Sen has announced that she is returning to films, nearly a decade after her last Bollywood outing, Anees Bazmee’s No Problem (2010). She shared the news in an Instagram post and said that it was the love of her fans that encouraged her to do films again.
“I have always been in awe of love that knows patience!! This alone makes me a fan of my fans!! They have waited 10 long years for my return to the Screen, lovingly encouraging me every step of the way throughout my hiatus...unconditionally!!! I RETURN JUST FOR YOU!!!!! #secondinnings #gratitude #love #faith #patience #showtime I love you guys!!! #duggadugga,” she wrote.
Earlier, in an interview with Rajeev Masand, Sushmita had said that she made a conscious decision to take a break from films after adopting her younger daughter Alisah in 2010. She said that she did not want to miss out on the early milestones in her daughter’s life.
She said, “I know that people say that your best years are your youthful years where you can do films and you look younger etc. I asked myself, ‘If I don’t do films right now and I focus on this, will I regret it? And if I choose to not be with Alisah and go do films, which one would I regret more?’ It was a no-brainer for me.”
The 44-year-old actor was distressed by the fact that she missed out on her elder daughter Renee’s big moments because she was too busy being the “provider” to be the “nurturer”. She did not want to repeat the same mistake with Alisah.
“It’s not just seeing their first step or first word, that I missed out for Renee. It’s their personality development, to witness who they are becoming. I did not sponsor a child; I became a mother,” she said.
Sushmita said that she did not regret her sabbatical from the big screen. “I wanted to see her through her formative years. After she turns six, I can look back at working. If my career in films is done by then, so be it. I’ll get into business or I’ll do something else. But this, I cannot miss,” she said.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut finally reacted to Arnab Goswami's leaked WhatsApp chat, in which he claimed that she is ‘sexually possessed with’ Hrithik Roshan.
- Vikas Khanna revealed that he was asked to pay money in exchange for favourable reviews of his directorial debut, The Last Color. He said that he will never forget it.
- Filmmaker Pooja Bhatt has written a note about feeling the temptation to drink, and how she dealt with it. She has been sober for four years.
- Actor Maanvi Gagroo, who has appeared in Four More Shots Please! and Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, complained to an OTT platform after its name was used as bait by someone who told her she had to 'compromise' for a role.
- Shahid Kapoor's wife, Mira Rajput, has shared new posts from their Goa vacation. Check them out.
- Sushmita Sen's daughter Renee said that she never felt the need to know about her biological parents. She also expressed her desire to adopt children someday.
- Imran Khan's estranged wife, Avantika Malik, has shared a cryptic note about finding comfort on the 'darkest, quietest nights'.