Panchkula plot allotments: Haryana govt orders vigilance inquiry
The BJP government in Haryana on Tuesday ordered a vigilance inquiry to look into the allotment of 11 Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) industrial plots in Panchkula allegedly to undeserving persons by Bhupinder Singh Hooda government. Chief Minister, Manohar Lal Khattar gave nod for the Vigilance probe.chandigarh Updated: May 06, 2015 08:33 IST
The BJP government in Haryana on Tuesday ordered a vigilance inquiry to look into the allotment of 11 Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) industrial plots in Panchkula allegedly to undeserving persons by Bhupinder Singh Hooda government. Chief Minister, Manohar Lal Khattar gave nod for the Vigilance probe.
An official spokesman said these plots ranging from 496 square metres to 1,280 square metres were allegedly allotted to persons who were either Hooda’s relatives or his close associates and friends.
Haryana Industries and Commerce Minister Capt Abhimanyu had in March assembly session told the House that the state government was probing whether there were any irregularities in the allotment of HUDA industrial plots in Panchkula. Though details of 14 allotments was tabled in the assembly by the Minister, the state government ordered a vigilance inquiry against 11 only.
“After going through the files, it has come to our notice that transparency was given a go by in these allotments. Prima facie it seems that kin of certain influential persons were beneficiaries of these allotments. The plots were allotted at very low rates even though the collector rate at the time allotments was very high,’’ the Minister who was replying on behalf of the chief minister had said. Capt Abhimayu also said that though the matter was subjudiced with two writ petitions being heard by the Punjab and Haryana High Court, the state government can also examine the matter at its own level.
“ It is worth probing as there are indications of irregularities and lack of transparency in the allotments,’’ he had told the House.
Allottment under probe
An official spokesman listed out details of the allottees and their relationship
· Renu Hooda, wife of Rajinder Hooda, real nephew of Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
· Manjot Kaur, daughter-in-law of Punjab and Haryana High Court judge Justice M S Sullar, Her husband Prabhjeet Singh is a former Haryana Additional Advocate General.
· Nandita Hooda, wife of former senior Additional Advocate General Narender Hooda, She is also the benami ‘owner’ of ‘Golden Tulip Hotel’ on Panchkula-Morni road, the ownership of which actually rests with Asha Hooda, wife of former Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
· Mona Beri, daughter-in-law of BR Beri, former officer on special duty to BS Hooda.
· Pardeep Kumar, son of Singh Ram, former secretary to BS Hooda
· Kanwar Preet Singh Sandhu, a family member of Kurukshetra University V-C, Kurukshetra, Lt. General (retd.) D.D.S. Sandhu.
· Dagar Katyal, a family member former senior Deputy Advocate General Sunil Katyal
· Dr Ganesh Dutt Ratan, a Consultant with Fortis Hospital, Mohali is a close friend of former chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
· Aman Gupta, son of former Congress MLA from Thanesar, Ramesh Gupta.
· Lt. Col (retd). OP Dahiya, brother-in-law of Col. Deswal and a relative of Congress MLA Karan Singh Dalal,
· M/s YPT Entertainment House Pvt. Ltd, proprietor Sidharth Bhardwaj is son of Sanjeev Bhardwaj who enjoys close proximity to Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
First Published: May 05, 2015 19:27 IST