Noida Sector 100: AC blast triggers massive fire in flat; video goes viral - Hindustan Times
close_game
close_game

Noida Sector 100: AC blast triggers massive fire in flat; video goes viral

May 30, 2024 12:58 PM IST

A fire broke out in Noida's Lotus Boulevard Society in Sector 100 after a blast in an air conditioner

A blast in an air conditioner triggered a massive fire in an apartment complex in Uttar Pradesh's Noida. The incident occurred in Lotus Boulevard Society in Noida sector 100, where thick black smoke was seen surrounding the high rise buildings.

Fire breaks out in Noida's Lotus Boulevard Society
Fire breaks out in Noida's Lotus Boulevard Society

The fire broke out on Thursday morning due to a blast in an AC unit inside the building. Five fire tenders rushed to the spot. Authorities said that no injuries or casualties from the incident have been reported yet.

Now catch your favourite game on Crickit. Anytime Anywhere. Find out how

Also Read: Fire breaks out at Noida hotel, 1 killed

The explosion was caused by a split AC unit. Fire fighting systems in the housing society were activated and the fire was doused just as the authorities rushed to the spot.

Also Read: Massive fire breaks out at a building in Noida's Sector 65

A video from the incident went viral on social media, showing thick plumes of smoke surrounding high-rise buildings in the Lotus Boulevard Society.

Witnesses said that people living in nearby apartments evacuated their flats as soon as they witnessed the smoke and gathered in the common area of the society as a precautionary measure.

 

Chief Fire Officer Pradeep Kumar Choubey said locals and society residents alerted the fire service unit about the incident in the flat on the 10th floor of the building at 10.10 am.

"We immediately rushed five vehicles (water tenders) to the spot. But before our vehicles could reach there, the firefighting systems installed in the society managed to put out the fire within 10 minutes," he said.

"The fire was triggered by a blast in the AC (air conditioner). Since the firefighting systems like sprinklers, extinguishers, hoses, were working fine, the fire did not spread out much and was contained in one room (of the flat)," Choubey said, adding that there was no loss of life or injury to any person in the episode.

Upon receiving the first call, five fire tenders immediately rushed to the spot of the incident and extended all efforts to douse the fire. The flame was successfully controlled through the fire department without any major damage to the structure of the building.

Also Read: 7 things real estate investors should keep in mind before buying property in Greater Noida and Noida

The fire has now been extinguished and no casualties were reported. The incident took place under the jurisdiction of Sector 39 police station.

Get World Cup ready with Crickit! From live scores to match stats, catch all the action here. Explore now!

Stay updated with all the Breaking News and Latest News from Mumbai. Click here for comprehensive coverage of top Cities including Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad, and more across India along with Stay informed on the latest happenings in World News.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
Share this article
SHARE
Story Saved
Live Score
OPEN APP
Saved Articles
Following
My Reads
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Sunday, June 16, 2024
Start 14 Days Free Trial Subscribe Now
Follow Us On