Gautam Gambhir lashes out at Shahid Afridi after his Kashmir comment
Former India cricketer Gautam Gambhir hit back at former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi after the latter made a comment on Kashmir on Wednesday. Afridi had said he will be visiting the Line of Control (LoC) soon to ‘express solidarity with our Kashmiri brethren’ after Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan had announced that a 30-minute event will take place every week to show solidarity with the people of Kashmir.
Gambhir took to social media to lash out at Afridi and his post read: “Guys, in this picture Shahid Afridi is asking Shahid Afridi that what should Shahid Afridi do next to embarrass Shahid Afridi so that’s it’s proven beyond all doubts that Shahid Afridi has refused to mature!!! Am ordering online kindergarten tutorials for help.”
Watch | ‘Some people can never grow up’: Gambhir slams Afridi over Kashmir tweet
This was Gambhir’s reply to Afridi’s post which read: “Let’s respond to PM call for Kashmir Hour as a nation. I will be at Mazar e Quaid at 12 pm on Friday. Join me to express solidarity with our Kashmiri brethren. On 6 Sep I will visit home of a Shaheed. I will soon be visiting LOC.”
Earlier this month, India decided to end the special status of Jammu & Kashmir and the state was bifurcated into two union territories - J&K and Ladakh. Afridi said that he would also visit Mazar-e-Quaid (the tomb of Pakistan founder Muhammad Ali Jinnah) in Karachi on Friday.
When Article 370 was revoked, Afridi took to Twitter to express his views on the matter. Afridi, known for his controversial tweets, asked the United Nations and US President Donald Trump to take cognizance of the situation.
In response, Gambhir had hit out at Afridi then as well, saying the unprovoked aggression and crimes against humanity happening in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK) will be sorted. Gambhir wrote: “@SAfridiOfficial is spot on guys. There is “unprovoked aggression”, there r “crimes against humanity”. He shud be lauded for bringing this up. Only thing is he forgot to mention that all this is happening in “Pakistan Occupied Kashmir”. Don’t worry, will sort it out son!!!”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sundar and Thakur’s knocks were lauded by the entire cricketing fraternity with former Australia all-rounder Tom Moody highly impressed with their rearguard.
- India vs Australia: Shardul Thakur's innings, on expected lines, seemingly got under the skin of Australia, with the fast bowler explaining that the opposition reacted by chirping away a few words at him.
- India vs Australia: Each wicket is special for Hazlewood but the fast bowler is highly content with one dismissal in particular.
- The South Africa squad, which includes 21 players, underwent their first Covid-19 tests soon after landing on Saturday.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India's Apex Council meeting did not take a final decision on whether to stage Ranji Trophy.
- India vs Australia: Shardul Thakur danced down the wicket to Nathan Lyon and dispatched the off-spinner over the ropes.
- India vs Australia: Stronger teams have toured Australia, few as brave as this bunch.