Applying for NEET 2018? Here are some important points to keep in mind
NEET 2018 will be held on May 6. Here are some important points candidates applying for the exam must keep in mind.Updated: Feb 09, 2018 22:13 IST
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released the official notification for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2018 for admission to medical and dental courses in colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India, except AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
The exam will be held on May 6 from 10am to 1pm and consist of one paper with 180 objective type questions from physics, chemistry and biology.
Here are some important points candidates applying for NEET 2018 must keep in mind:
1) Candidates must have an Aadhaar number to be eligible to apply for NEET 2018 in all states except Jammu and Kashmir, Assam and Meghalaya.
2) Candidate must have completed 17 years on or before December 31, 2018. They should not be more than 25 years on the date of the exam. SC/ST/OBC and PH category candidates have a relaxation of five years in the upper age limit.
3) To be eligible for the exam, candidates must have passed Class 12 (qualifying exam) in physics, chemistry, biology/biotechnology and English and must have a minimum of 50% in physics, chemistry and biology/biotechnology together. SC, ST and OBC category candidates should have at least 40% marks in physics, chemistry and biology/biotechnology together and for PH category candidates the minimum marks is 45% for general category and 40% for SC, ST and OBC category candidates.
4) Open schools or private candidates are not eligible to appear for NEET.
5) Candidates appearing in Class 12 exam in 2018 can also appear for NEET.
6) Applicants from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are also eligible for 15% all-India quota seats from the academic year 2018-19.
7) Candidates can opt for question paper in English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarat, Kannada, Marathi, Oriya, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
* Online submission of application form: February 8 to March 9 up to 11:50pm
* Payment of online fee: February 8 to March 10 up to 11:50pm
* Correction in form can be done between March 12 to 16
* Admit cards will be uploaded on website in the second week of April
* Date of examination: May 6
* Display of OMR sheet will be intimated on website
* Display of answer key will be intimated on website
* Declaration of Result will be on June 5
First Published: Feb 09, 2018 14:56 IST