Happy anniversary Ajay Devgn and Kajol: When she asked him for help with boyfriend problems, relied on his 'sage advice'
- On Ajay Devgn and Kajol's 22nd wedding anniversary, here is a lesser-known fact about them. Did you know they were in relationships with other people when they first met?
Ajay Devgn and Kajol’s love story is one that went beyond the script. When they first met on the sets of their film, Hulchul (1995), their first impressions of each other were not the most favourable. However, they eventually struck a friendship, which blossomed into love. They tied the knot on February 24, 1999. As they celebrate 22 years of being married, here is some interesting trivia about their relationship.
While Ajay initially found Kajol to be too loud, she thought he was stuck-up, as he kept to himself and did not talk to anyone. However, when they were giving their first shot together, she felt something.
During an appearance on Look Who's Talking With Niranjan in 2014, Kajol had said, “We were doing a shot together, and the shot was that I was supposed to slap him and he was supposed to very dramatically hold my hand so that I could not. I remember that moment and I remember thinking to myself, ‘Oh my God.’ It was one of those flashes that suddenly came to me: ‘This man is going to play a very crucial role in my life, I just know it.’”
Ajay and Kajol did not get into a relationship for the next two years, as they were seeing other people at the time. In fact, she would even discuss boyfriend problems with him!
Talking about what drew her to Ajay, Kajol had said that he came across as extremely ‘stable and solid’. “I remember, I was having problems with my boyfriend and I was telling him about it. He was sitting over there like one great big guruji and babaji, giving me his sage advice as to what I should do and how I should treat the situation at that point of time,” she had said.
Ajay and Kajol were keen to avoid the prying eyes of the media and lied to them about their wedding venue. They secretly got married on the terrace of his house. They have two children - daughter Nysa and son Yug.
Last year, Ajay and Kajol were seen together in Om Raut’s historical drama, Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior. The film was a box office success, with a domestic collection of over ₹200 crore.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Tiger Shroff, mom Ayesha Shroff, sister Krishna Shroff and rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani came together for the actor's birthday dinner.
- Shraddha Kapoor turns 34 on Wednesday and to celebrate we are revisiting the time she told her father, Shakti Kapoor, how proud she was of him.
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.