Kajol says it's impossible to love your children all the time: '60% is fab'
- Actor Kajol has said that it is not possible to love your children all the time, and that if you manage to love them 60% of the time, you have a fantastic relationship with your kids.
Actor Kajol has said that mothers are boxed in by society, and judged easily when they step outside those boxes. Kajol, who has two children with her husband, actor Ajay Devgn - daughter Nysa and son Yug -- said that she has the utmost respect for stay-at-home moms.
The actor's most recent film, Tribangha, explored mother-daughter relationships across three generations. The film, directed by Renuka Shahane, also starred Mithila Palkar and Tanvi Azmi.
She said in an interview to Pinkvilla, "If you don't cook for your child, go to pick up your child from school, you're a bad mother if you don't attend one PTA meeting, you're a bad mother... So there are too many things that make you a bad mom and not enough that makes you a good mom."
Asked if mothers must like their kids all the time, she said, "You can only ask this question to parents, because only if you are a parent you'll understand that this is definitely not true. You're definitely not going to love your children all the time. If you manage 60%, you have a fantastic relationship with your kids. And that 40% is going to be when they throw tantrums, when you throw tantrums... So 60-65% is fab."
In Tribangha, while Kajol’s character has a dysfunctional relationship with her mother, the actor’s equation with her mother, Tanuja, is anything but strained.
In a recent interview with Hindustan Times, Kajol said, “I never had a rebellion as such with my mother. I had the most amazing relationship with her because she is amazing. Everything that she did in my life, every decision that she made, she explained it to me in the way I could understand it, whether it was my parents breaking up, whether it was going to work or being a working woman.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
Pranutan: What can I do if people want to believe in masala stories about nepotism, and not the truth
Anil Kapoor: Earlier it was like test match, today it’s IPL, the field is exciting for everyone in showbiz
- Janhvi Kapoor, who will be seen next in Roohi, said that viewers are not 'obligated' to love her and the onus is on her to give them a reason to. She added that she is working hard to win everyone over.
- Priyanka Chopra and her pet dog Diana are soaking up the sun in London, where the actor is shooting for the Amazon series Citadel, in which she plays a spy.
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram and revealed that she and her mother Amrita Singh visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on Friday.
- Parineeti Chopra shared a new song - Matlabi Yariyan - from her upcoming film, The Girl On The Train. The actor has sung the soulful ballad. Watch here.
- Sara Ali Khan and her mother Amrita Singh were seen twinning in green at Mumbai airport on Thursday. See their pictures here.