Naomi Campbell explains her airport hazmat suit, says ‘not doing this for laughs’
Supermodel Naomi Campbell, who made headlines when she wore a full hazmat suit to the airport, explained that she wasn’t doing it for laughs.
As per Page Six, Naomi was spotted at the airport wearing a head-to-toe hazmat suit, face mask and goggles earlier this week, before detailing on social media how she regularly disinfects her seat on a plane.
After the photos of her extreme precautions went viral, Campbell released a six-mintue YouTube video, in which she explained why she went so over the top.
Campbell said: “It’s not a funny time, it’s not a humorous time, I’m not doing this for laughs. This is how I feel comfortable travelling if I have to travel; I’m trying to keep it to a minimum.”
Naomi also mentioned that she has been wearing a mask on flights since the ‘90s and has been sanitizing her seat for 17 years. “Back in the day, people used to really laugh at me and speak under by breath ... and now I’m not ridiculous,” she said.
However, these are not the only precaution the model takes, revealing she also takes several immune-boosting supplements, including two Vitamin C packets and papaya concentrate before she goes inside the airport.
She later criticized the TSA staff workers for not wearing gloves while handling passports and said that the flight attendants also did not wear gloves.
Campbell concluded the video by stressing that the public should not respond to the pandemic with fear.
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas smokes up the Internet with her jaw-dropping spring fashion in sultry pink, red and orange dresses from Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Sportmax, Valentino, Versace and pictures from her photoshoot leave the fashion police swooning
- Mira Rajput Kapoor sets the Internet on fire with her latest glimpse of Goa vacay in an abstract print bustier and draped skirt by the beach and even Shahid Kapoor can’t help but throw mushiness in the air like confetti
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal arrived in Mumbai after getting married in Alibaug and the groom's maroon ethnic look left fans swooning | Check pictures inside
- Priyanka Chopra recently showed how to slay a formal look with a Work From Home twist in a beautiful blue shirt worth ₹17k.
- For a recent shoot, Mira Rajput donned a beautiful yellow sundress that was adorned with intricate floral print. The fashionista looked absolutely breathtaking in the dress and we are bookmarking it.