DRDO’s ‘Rustom-2’ drone crashes in farm in Karnataka’s Chitradurga
An unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) of the Defence Research and Development Organisation crashed during a trial at Karnataka’s Chitradurga district on Tuesday.
The incident took place at Jodi Chillenahalli village in the district around 6 am on during a test run of the drone. Officials said no casualties have been reported.
News agency PTI quoted Chitradurga superintendent of police Arun K saying that the UAV crashed in the arecanut farm but no one was injured.
Watch: DRDO’s unmanned aerial vehicle crashes in Karnataka, no injuries reported
The crash of the ‘Rustom-2’ drone created a scare in the village and a large number of people gathered at the accident spot. A video of the crash has been shared by several users on Twitter and has gone viral.
Rustom 2 is a medium altitude UAV manufactured by the DRDO for the army, navy and air force. DRDO conducted the first flight of the Rustom 2 prototype in November last year from Chitradurga aeronautical test range. Rustom 2 will replace the Heron UAVs in the armed forces.
(with agency inputs.)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The situation in the Ladakh sector remains tense and the ongoing military and diplomatic dialogue has not yielded results.
- A school teacher said more than 200 cows destroyed the kitchen garden and at least 100 plants of flowers, fruits and medicinal plant in the school premises.
- The circular said that all officers and personnel as well as CAPF and any other force deployed for the Republic Day Parade security arrangements should be made aware and be prepared that they will be required for law and order arrangements immediately after the official celebration is over.
- Delhi traffic police requested road users to accordingly plan their journies and avoid the route of parade and tableaux, from 4 am to 12:30 pm for their own convenience.
- According to the FIR registered by the police, the estimated value of the tiger skin that was seized is ₹40 lakh in the international market.
- One CA was arrested on Saturday along with four businessmen in Jaipur for operating 25 fake firms to fraudulently avail and pass on input tax credit.