India’s daily tally at 4-month high with 17,336 cases: Today’s Covid updates
- In terms of the statewise data, Maharashtra on Thursday reported 5,218 new coronavirus infections and one Covid-related death. Of the cases, Mumbai alone accounted for 2,479 fresh infections.
India's daily Covid tally crossed the 17,000-mark for the first time in over 120 days. The country reported 17,336 new infections in the last 24 hours, the daily health bulletin showed. Thirteen fresh Covid-linked deaths were also reported during the same period, taking the total number of lives lost since the beginning of the pandemic to 5,24,954.
Here are the top updates on Covid-19 situation in India:
1. This week, India has already logged over 48,200 new infections. The daily cases have stayed above the 12,000-mark for the entire week except on Tuesday when 9,923 fresh infections were reported.
2. The number of active cases in India went up by over 4,200 and now stands at 88,284 - or 0.19 per cent of the total cases. On Monday, the active cases were near the 76,000-mark.
3. 13,029 people recovered from the deadly infection in the last 24 hours, taking the recovery rate to 98.60 per cent.
4. In terms of the statewise data, Maharashtra on Thursday reported 5,218 new coronavirus infections and one Covid-related death. Of the cases, Mumbai alone accounted for 2,479 fresh infections.
5. Delhi recorded more than 1,900 new infections on Thursday with a positivity rate of 8.10 per cent as per the official health bulletin.
6. The state of Karnataka saw 858 fresh infections in the last 24 hours. Bengal reported 745 new cases while Telangana logged 494 infections in the last 24 hours.
7. As per the data shared by news agency PTI, Gujarat saw 416 Covid-19 cases in 24 hours. 151 cases were reported in Goa, 114 in Chhattisgarh and 38 in J&K.
8. On the vaccination front, over 13 lakh doses were given on Thursday, of which 3.77 lakh were booster doses. Including both - the 1st and 2nd doses - over 3.23 lakh children between the ages of 12 to 14 years were also vaccinated in the last 24 hours.