News updates from Hindustan Times: 5,475 fresh cases push Delhi’s Covid tally to over 551,000 and all the latest news
Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
Delhi’s daily Covid toll continues to remain below 100; 5,475 new cases logged
Delhi on Thursday registered 5,475 new coronavirus (Covid-19) infections and 91 related deaths in the last 24 hours, according to the state’s health department bulletin. The total 551,262 cases include 38,734 active cases, over 500,000 recoveries and 8,811 deaths, it added. Read more
Over 2.42 lakh FYJC seats up for grabs in Mumbai Metropolitan Region, 2nd merit list on Dec 5
More than 2.42 lakh first year junior college (FYJC) remain vacant after the first round of online admissions. As per the revised admission schedule, these seats will be up for grabs in the second round of admissions, and the second merit list will be released on December 5. Read more
Farmer’s agitation: Delhi Metro services from neighbouring cities to remain suspended on Friday
Officials on Thursday said that the Delhi Metro services from neighbouring cities to the state would remain suspended on Friday due to the ‘Delhi Chalo’ protest march organised by farmers against the central government’s farm laws, according to news agency PTI. Read more
Air strikes kill 19 Iran-backed fighters in Syria: Monitor
Air strikes likely carried out by Israel killed at least 19 pro-Iran militia fighters in war-torn eastern Syria, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Thursday. The early morning strikes hit positions of Iran-backed militias outside the town of Albu Kamal in Deir Ezzor province, killing mostly foreign fighters, the Observatory said. Read more
‘Further questions need to be asked’: Virat Kohli unhappy with change in WTC points system
After leading the World Test Championship for the majority of the campaign, Team India slipped to the second position after ICC suddenly decided to change the points system. ICC announced that they will rank teams “in order of percentage of points earned” from the contested matches. Read more
Shilpa Shetty poses with daughter Samisha, the little one is baffled by all the attention. See cute pics
This is one mother-daughter duo that we can’t seem to get enough of. On Thursday afternoon, actor Shilpa Shetty was seen with daughter Samisha and as the two came across a horde of paparazzi, photos were inevitable. While Shilpa gamely posed for photos, the little one seemed to be puzzled by all the attention. Read more
How tap water caught fire in China. Watch intriguing and scary video
The Internet is home to several videos that may seem unreal, but are very real and often capture something unbelievable. Just like this video from China which shows a person ‘setting’ fire to tap water flowing in their house. The video shows an individual holding a lighter next to water flowing from a tap. Read more
Reliance Jio launches 27-day long Clash Royale tournament
Reliance Jio today announced that it is partnering with Clash Royale to host a 27-day long Clash Royale tournament. The 27-day long tournament will begin on November 28 and go on until December 25. The gaming tournament will begin on November 28. Read more
Watch: Rajnath Singh on 26/11, Pakistan terror, China & ‘atmanirbharta’ #HTLS2020
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Choudhury's comments came after the TMC had on Wednesday said the Congress and the Left should support Banerjee in her fight against the BJP, a suggestion rejected by the two parties.
- In view of high active caseload the state had sought more vials in the first stage but it was told that in the second stage more vials will be given. Once lauded for its Covid-19 management, now Kerala is the virus hotspot of the country.
- The two countries will also work together in the field of telecom security, submarine optical fibre cable system to islands of India.
- Nepal is looking to India to provide vaccines as grant assistance for the first phase of its vaccination programme, which requires 12 million doses to cover 20% of its population. Nepal also plans to buy millions of doses from foreign suppliers, including SII and Bharat Biotech.
- Chief minister Edappadi Palaniswami will participate in the vaccination drive tomorrow in Madurai where a sanitary worker of a hospital is expected to receive the first shot.
- The Bihar chief minister reassured that the state’s law and order situation is stable and promised a speedy trial.
- Tomar also attacked Congress president Sonia Gandhi over her party’s stand on the laws. He said that both leaders should clarify if they were lying about these reforms in their election manifesto.