News updates from Hindustan Times: Court seeks Rajasthan govt’s reply on work in jails given on caste lines and all the latest news
Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
Court seeks Rajasthan govt’s reply on work in jails given on caste lines
Taking note of a report that prisons in Rajasthan were allocating work to inmates based on their castes, the Rajasthan High Court has sought the government’s response and called for a complete overhaul of the “archaic” rule book. Read more
12 nations reached out to India for Covid vaccine: NITI Aayog’s VK Paul
India has received requests for vaccines against coronavirus disease (Covid-19) from 12 countries, said NITI Aayog member Dr VK Paul on Saturday during the meeting of the high-level group of ministers (GoM) on Covid-19. Read more
J-K Cricket Association money laundering case: ED attaches assets worth Rs 11.86 crore of National Conference president Farooq Abdullah
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Saturday attached assets worth Rs 11.86 crores of former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Farooq Abdullah in connection with the Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association (JKCA) money laundering case. Read more
India vs Australia: ‘People who want to relate this to comfort zone should get a reality check,’ Virat Kohli feels India’s performance ‘not alarming’
A dejected Virat Kohli admitted India’s batting performance on Day 3 of the Adelaide Test against Australia was by far the worst he has been part of it, but urged people not to make a ‘mountain out of a molehill’ as his team suffered a crushing eight-wicket defeat to Australia on Saturday. Read more
Smriti Irani shares selfie, Neena Gupta and Mouni Roy react
If you follow Smriti Irani on Instagram, you may be aware that she often shares snippets of her life on the platform. Read more
Kareena Kapoor reveals mom Babita sent her off to boarding school after she broke a lock, snuck out to meet a boy
Kareena Kapoor Khan said that she was put in a boarding school in Dehradun by her mother Babita Kapoor when she got a ‘bit too naughty and rebellious’. Read more
‘Even during pandemic, India got...’: PM Modi on foreign investors’ trust
Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually attended the ASSOCHAM Foundation Week 2020 on December 19. Read more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In January, the Supreme Court dismissed pleas of the Uttar Pradesh government challenging the bail granted to Samajwadi Party MP Azam Khan, his wife Dr Tanzeen Fathima, and son Abdullah Azam Khan in an alleged case of forging birth certificate.
- An associate of the judicial magistrate allegedly demanded and accepted a bribe on her behalf for dismissing a criminal complaint against a milk vendor.
- Earlier, the CM had hit out at BJP's minister of state for external affairs, V Muraleedharan, alleging after his elevation, smuggling from West Asian countries increased manifold
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi's rally at the famous Brigade Parade Grounds in Maidan area is expected to draw a huge crowd.
- The police were investigating the case from all possible angles.