10 girl students suffer food poisoning
Ten girl students of Jammu university are hospitalised due to food poisoning after they ate ice-cream near their hostel.india Updated: May 11, 2007 12:28 IST
Ten girl students of Jammu university were hospitalised due to food poisoning after they ate ice-cream near their hostel, official sources said on Friday.
The girls had eaten ice-cream near their hostel in Sunjwa area of Jammu city yesterday and starting vomiting immediately thereafter, they said.
The hostel authorities and senior varsity officials rushed to the hostel and shifted the ailing girls to the government medical hospital where their condition is stated to be stable, they said.
Police has also registered a case and launched operation to track down the ice-cream vendor.
First Published: May 11, 2007 12:14 IST