65-year-old mid-day meal worker dies of burn injuries | punjab | amritsar | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 22, 2018-Wednesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

65-year-old mid-day meal worker dies of burn injuries

Pinky, aka Toshi, 65, who was one of the three mid-day meal workers injured in fire caused by a leaking gas cylinder at Government Primary School, Nabipur, on Thursday, died while undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Amritsar on Friday evening.

punjab Updated: Apr 30, 2016 13:33 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
Gas cylinder,Mid-day meal,Government Primary School
The deceased is survived by three sons and a daughter.(Representative image)

Pinky, aka Toshi, 65, who was one of the three mid-day meal workers injured in fire caused by a leaking gas cylinder at Government Primary School, Nabipur, on Thursday, died while undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Amritsar on Friday evening.

The deceased is survived by three sons and a daughter. Her daughter-in-law Kamaljit Kaur, who was working as a substitute at the school, also received burn injuries and is undergoing treatment at the civil hospital in Gurdaspur.

Pinky and another worker, Sunita, who received over 50% burns, were referred to the Government Medical College and Hospital, Amritsar. Pinky’s son Daniel said she was moved to a private hospital on Friday morning on the advice of doctors at the government hospital.

Gurdaspur district education officer (primary) Salwinder Singh remained in Amritsar to extend help to the victims.

First Published: Apr 30, 2016 11:07 IST