Chiranjeevi tests positive for Covid-19, currently under home quarantine
Actor Chiranjeevi, who was all set to resume filming for his upcoming Telugu film Acharya, on Monday took to Twitter to reveal that he has tested positive for the coronavirus. He said that he’s asymptomatic and has home quarantined himself.
“Took a test for Covid before resuming Acharya shoot as a protocol and unfortunately tested positive. I am currently asymptomatic and quarantining myself at home. Request all those who met me in the last five days to also undergo Covid tests. Will update you on my recovery soon (sic),” Chiranjeevi tweeted.
In September, Chiranjeevi’s brother and actor Nagababu tested positive for the coronavirus.
On the career front, Chiranjeevi is all set to join the sets of Acharya soon. The film, which is being directed by Koratala Siva, marks his maiden collaboration with the actor.
In the film, it is rumoured that Chiranjeevi plays dual roles. Acharya, as per reports, will be about a middle-aged Naxalite-turned-social reformer who launches a fight against the Endowments Department over misappropriation and embezzlement of temple funds and donations.
The film originally was supposed to mark Trisha’s return to Telugu filmdom after many years. However, she opted out of the project due to creative differences.
In March, Trisha took to Twitter to reveal that she’s opting out of the project. She wrote: “Sometimes things turn out to be different from what was initially said and discussed. Due to creative differences, I have chosen not to be part of Chiranjeevi sir’s film. Wishing the team well. To my lovely Telugu audiences - hope to see you soon in an exciting project.”
Kajal Aggarwal was brought in as Trisha’s replacement. However, recent reports indicate that she has also opted out the project.
Follow @htshowbiz on Twitter
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Neena Gupta plays an old woman and Arjun Kapoor is her grandson in the Kaashivie Nair film Sardar Ka Grandson that premiers on Netflix soon.
- Sajid Khan of the Sajid-Wajid fame has said in a recent interview how Salman Khan has been supporting him after his brother Wajid's death last year.
- Neena Gupta has said she did not want Masaba to go to Goa with friends. The senior actor also went to Goa and stayed separately, only to receive a call from her daughter as she cried.
- Disha Patani is in awe of rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's dancing abilities. Sister Krishna Shroff agrees too. See here.
- Check out the latest video from Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik in which she is seen dancing with her husband Abhinav Shukla, to a folk song.
- Raveena Tandon took to her Instagram to show off daughter Rasha Thadani's achievement, as she teenager earned her blackbelt in Taekwondo. See her post here.
- Speaking at a comedy show, Farah Khan says her friends often 'put her to work' as soon as she enters parties, asking her to render a few dance steps.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar left Mumbai for a quick getaway. While they did not disclose their destination, he shared a picture from their helicopter ride together.