Published on Jul 28, 2022 12:52 AM IST
- Once the Bill becomes an Act, the anti-doping body will get powers to search and conduct seizures, to deter Indian athletes from using prohibited substances
India, which won a bronze in the Open event in 2014 in Tromso, Norway, tied for gold with Russia in the 2020 online Olympiad and secured a bronze in the 2021 edition. The upcoming edition provide the Indians a huge opportunity to claim the yellow metal in the over-the-board edition.
Published on Jul 27, 2022 02:18 PM IST
The two-time Olympic champion, who has appealed to US President Joe Biden to secure her release, has pled guilty but denied she intended to break Russian law.
Published on Jul 26, 2022 08:24 PM IST
Reuters | , Khimki
Sufiya Sufi said her next expedition will be in November in UAE, where she plans to cover the seven emirates, which is 700 kms in 7 days. Apart from this Sufi also has ambitions to circumnavigate in 2024.
- India will be aiming to win a medal in cycling at the upcoming Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham and will have two cyclists, sharing names with Cristiano Ronaldo and David Beckham, representing them.
- Former Tokyo Olympic organizing committee executive board member Haruyuki Takahashi has been reportedly accused of taking payments by an Olympic sponsor.
Updated on Jul 26, 2022 01:24 PM IST
A video shared on social media shows the robot taking one of the boy's pieces, and then grabbing his finger as he attempts to make a move.
Published on Jul 26, 2022 07:49 AM IST
Shoe technology has come into focus since records started tumbling last year, with governing body World Athletics trying to draw a line between innovation and giving athletes an unfair advantage.
Published on Jul 25, 2022 11:13 PM IST
Reuters | , Eugene
Arm-wrestling legend Michael Todd, who witnessed the entire finale action, was impressed seeing the level of competition as Maharashtra's Tawheed Shaikh won his final thrilling bout against Haryana's Karaj Singh in men's 90 Kg category, that went right down to the wire.
- It’s worthwhile reflecting on the week that preceded Chopra’s cinematic Indian ending at the prestigious event.
The repechage round takes place after the initial qualifying rounds, and gives athletes who have failed to make the cut for the later rounds of an event a second chance at qualification.
Published on Jul 25, 2022 04:07 PM IST
Lewis Hamilton finished 2nd in the French GP which was also his best result this season. The British racer still couldn't match the performance of his rival Max Verstappen as he clenched French GP but it was his best finish while also continuing the podium streak.
Updated on Jul 25, 2022 03:24 PM IST
- As kiteboarding will debut as a sport in the Paris Olympics in 2024 and India has already started holding professional leagues, the sport has officially transitioned from ‘fun’ to ‘viable career’. With Hindustan Times Digital, Motha discusses what lies ahead
Published on Jul 25, 2022 01:50 PM IST
, New DelhiAratrick Mondal
Helped by Damian Warner's withdrawal due to injury, Kevin Mayer of France regained the world decathlon title at the ongoing World Athletics Championships.
Published on Jul 25, 2022 11:07 AM IST
- Sydney McLaughlin anchored USA as they won gold in the 4x400m relay final at the ongoing World Athletics Championships.
Updated on Jul 25, 2022 11:08 AM IST
- It was also India’s best ever performance with six athletes for the first time reaching the finals of their respective events.
Published on Jul 25, 2022 12:07 AM IST
, New DelhiAvishek Roy
- Verstappen was in the lead following the incident. He led the race till the very end and cruised to a comfortable victory and extended his championship advantage over Leclerc to 63 points.
Published on Jul 24, 2022 11:15 PM IST
- Agony, ecstasy, drama, and dance, there was not a dull moment in Chopra’s house as the Olympic champion ended India’s 19-year wait for a Worlds medal.
Former India captain Virat Kohli joined the celebrations and congratulated Chopra for his incredible feat.
Neeraj Chopra became only the second Indian and first male track and field athlete to win a medal in the World Championships.
Updated on Jul 24, 2022 03:06 PM IST
PTI | , New Delhi
- The 24-year-old revealed after the "challenging" final that he had to overcome an injury scare on his thigh to claim the silver.
Michael Todd talks about his previous nationwide tour, where he arm-wrestled with pro-wrestling legends The Undertaker and The Godfather.
- World Athletics Championships: The Indian cricket fraternity passed on their congratulatory messages as Neeraj Chopra clinched silver at the javelin throw final, in Oregon.
- Long before the 24-year-old boy became one of India's most decorated athlete, his former coach Gary Calvert had predicted great many things for the Indians while comparing him to Australia cricketer legend Dennis Lillee.
- The World Championships javelin final in Eugene had more than its usual share of twists and turns but Chopra found a way to finish on the podium
Updated on Jul 24, 2022 12:28 PM IST
- Chopra only became the second Indian athlete to claim a podium-finish at the Worlds after the legendary long jumper Anju Bobby George, who had finished with the bronze medal back in 2003 in Paris. Following the historic win, Chopra revealed his touching conversation with Pakistan's Arshad Nadeem.
- Anju Bobby George, 2003 Paris medalist, lauded Neeraj Chopra for winning India's second medal in World Athletics Championships history.
- Neeraj Chopra bagged a silver medal in the men's javelin throw final at the ongoing World Athletics Championships.
- "A great accomplishment by one of our most distinguished athletes! Congratulations to @Neeraj_chopra1 on winning a historic Silver medal at the #WorldChampionships. This is a special moment for Indian sports. Best wishes to Neeraj for his upcoming endeavours," tweeted PM Modi.