Latest from chess olympiad
Published on Aug 09, 2022 10:08 PM IST
- India women lose to US on the final day to go from gold medal contenders to finish with bronze as the Chess Olympiad draws to a close
Updated on Aug 09, 2022 08:26 PM IST
- Just 12 years old, the youngest of the Hungarian chess-playing sisters and her contemporaries recall her astonishing run at Thessaloniki 34 years ago
Published on Aug 08, 2022 11:39 PM IST
- The 16-year-old lost to Abdusattorov as his team was held by Uzbekistan in the penultimate round of the 44th Chess Olympiad.
Published on Aug 07, 2022 11:42 PM IST
- The 2-2 result against Azerbaijan kept the hosts in the fray for a medal in the open section with two rounds remaining.
Published on Aug 06, 2022 12:44 PM IST
- The modestly rated Stanojovski, 58, has a brush with super stardom at the 44th Chess Olympiad after going 55 moves with the Norwegian world champion and No 1 player.