cricket world cup]
Latest from cricket world cup
- Former all-rounder Yuvraj Singh has blamed 'lack of proper planning' as the reason behind India's ouster in the 2019 World Cup, saying that the inexperienced middle order is what hurt Virat Kohli and his team.
ByHT Sports Desk, New Delhi
- Suresh Raina narrated how under coach Gary Kirsten and captain Dhoni, India's World Cup squad of 2011 was brimming with unity, one that saw players willing to go the extra mile for each other, especially for Tendulkar, who everyone knew was playing his final World Cup.
- Virat Kohli has missed only a handful of games because of fitness issues, which demonstrates the 33-year-old's threshold of pain. This was highlighted by former India physio Ashish Kaushik, who was with the team during the 2011 World Cup and Kohli's early years with the Indian team.
- Sachin Tendulkar has admitted it several times that it was India's win at the 1983 World Cup that triggered his ambition of being a cricketer. But not many are aware that Sachin gives credit to another ODI that he believes helped shaped Indian cricket for the era that was to come.
- While captain Rohit Sharma is an automatic pick, who is the best fit to partner him is something that will be answered over the course of the next 12 months.