- In a dramatic ending to a lackluster match at Elland Road, the referee needed to check the pitchside monitor before awarding a spot kick after Palace defender Marc Guéhi blocked a goal-bound header from Liam Cooper with a raised arm at a corner.
Published on Dec 01, 2021 08:18 AM IST
AP | , Leeds
- Premier League: Manchester City’s hopes of recovering from Zaha’s sixth-minute goal were hit when Aymeric Laporte was sent off in first-half stoppage time for bringing down Zaha when he was the last man.
Published on Oct 30, 2021 09:45 PM IST
AP | , Manchester [england]
- Tottenham became the final team to lose its perfect record in the Premier League, falling 0-3 at Crystal Palace after new signing Odsonne Edouard scored twice to add to a penalty by Wilfried Zaha on Saturday.
Published on Sep 11, 2021 08:11 PM IST
AP | , London
- Premier League: They were the first points West Ham has dropped this season after winning both of its opening games, while Patrick Vieira's Palace remains winless on two points.
Published on Aug 28, 2021 11:25 PM IST
Both teams hit the woodwork during the first half, with Conor Gallagher going closest for the hosts before Bryan Mbeumo also hit the crossbar for the visitors.
Updated on Aug 21, 2021 11:06 PM IST
PTI | , London
- Arsenal legend and prolific midfielder Patrick Vieira will begin a new chapter on the sidelines of a football pitch after being appointed as the new manager of Premier League club Crystal Palace, the club announced on Sunday.
Updated on Jul 04, 2021 06:44 PM IST
- Roy Hodgson's final game in charge will be against Liverpool, one of his former clubs, at Anfield on Sunday.
Published on May 18, 2021 08:56 PM IST
Defender Mitchell bundled the ball home in the 84th minute from Eberechi Eze's effort to make it 3-2, after Zaha charged towards the Villa box and blasted home an effort which flew in off Ahmed El Mohamady with 15 minutes remaining.
Published on May 16, 2021 06:49 PM IST
Reuters | , London
Danny Ings scored twice on his return from injury to help Southampton bounce back from conceding an early goal and beat Crystal Palace 3-1 in their Premier League clash.
Published on May 12, 2021 11:45 AM IST
- It was a first home win this year for Leeds, who have still lost more games than they have won at Elland Road this season, and nudged them up to 10th on 32 points from 22 games.
Published on Feb 09, 2021 10:42 AM IST
Reuters | , Leeds
Jonjo Shelvey scored early, but Newcastle was made to pay for its defensive frailty twice within four minutes.
Published on Feb 03, 2021 08:09 AM IST
- Arsenal were bidding for a fourth successive league win but could find no way through an obdurate Palace who, if anything, might feel they could have emerged with a win.
Published on Jan 15, 2021 12:31 PM IST
Leicester City’s Harvey Barnes grabbed a late equaliser to earn his team a 1-1 draw at Crystal Palace.
Updated on Dec 28, 2020 11:07 PM IST
Spurs sat back at Molineux in the second half, giving Wolves space and confidence to press for an equaliser as happened at Crystal Palace in another 1-1 away draw earlier this month.
Updated on Dec 28, 2020 01:44 PM IST
Mings was shown a second yellow card in the 45th minute for blocking Wilfried Zaha, with whom the defender had clashed to pick up his first booking.
Updated on Dec 26, 2020 11:40 PM IST
AP |Associated Press
While the 31-year-old Swaibu began his career at Crystal Palace, he never got to play in the top division, drifting down the leagues before ending up in the fourth professional tier at Lincoln where he met Facey.
Updated on Dec 25, 2020 07:20 AM IST
London |Associated Press
Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino and Mohamed Salah each netted twice in a scoring masterclass as the visitors thrashed Crystal Palace 7-0 to record their first away win in the Premier League since September
Updated on Dec 19, 2020 08:12 PM IST
Five individuals at the club have tested positive for COVID-19 so far -- three prior to Newcastle’s 2-0 win over Crystal Palace last week and two more over the weekend.
Updated on Dec 01, 2020 08:14 PM IST
Teenage defender Rayan Ait-Nouri’s first goal for Wolves and Daniel Podence’s other first half effort highlighted their most complete performance in the league.
Updated on Oct 31, 2020 12:49 PM IST
Wolverhampton |Press Trust of India
Zaha had appeared poised to move on last summer, with both Arsenal and Everton reportedly keen to sign him, but Palace refused to budge on their 80 million pounds ($102.78 million) valuation of the player.
Updated on Jul 27, 2020 10:20 AM IST
Crystal Palace |Reuters
Harry Kane’s sharp early strike gave Spurs the lead but Palace, desperate to avoid an eighth successive defeat, hit back to claim a deserved share of the spoils.
Updated on Jul 26, 2020 11:46 PM IST
The win moved Wolves back above Tottenham with a one-point advantage ahead of the final day of the league season on Sunday. Wolves must face Chelsea; Tottenham gets Palace, which has lost its last seven games.
Updated on Jul 21, 2020 06:27 AM IST
WOLVERHAMPTON |Associated Press
Ighalo, 31, was part of the Watford team that were defeated 2-1 by Crystal Palace in the semi-final in 2016, a result that denied them the opportunity to face United in the final.
Updated on Jul 18, 2020 11:47 AM IST
With two games remaining, United are in fifth place on 62 points, behind Leicester City on goal difference, with third-placed Chelsea on 63. United visit Leicester on the final day of the season.
Updated on Jul 17, 2020 07:16 AM IST
The Ivory Coast international tweeted images of the messages he received from an individual on Saturday, which included one of members of the white supremacist organisation the Ku Klux Klan.
Updated on Jul 12, 2020 10:56 PM IST
Vardy’s brace helped him become the 29th player to score a century in the English top flight. His 101 Premier League goals have come in 206 games, after he debuted in the competition in the 2014-15 season at the age of 27.
Updated on Jul 05, 2020 01:12 PM IST
Liverpool waited 30 years for it, planned and sweated for it. They could not deserve the Premier League title more.
Updated on Jun 28, 2020 10:00 AM IST
Hindustan Times, New Delhi |Rudraneil Sengupta
“Imagine if this stadium would have been full today and all the people could have experienced it live,” said Liverpool manager Juergen Klopp, whose side would be crowned champions on Thursday if Manchester City fail to win at Chelsea.
Updated on Jun 25, 2020 08:38 AM IST
Luka Milivojevic curled a free kick over the wall and into the top corner from 25 yards (meters) in the 12th minute, before Jordan Ayew finished off a flowing move involving Wilfried Zaha and Patrick van Aanholt in the 23rd on Saturday.
Updated on Jun 21, 2020 11:39 AM IST
Bournemouth |Press Trust of India
The 26-year-old, who joined Bournemouth from Aberdeen in 2013, has been a key component in Howe’s side but they will have to do without him for their remaining nine Premier League games as they try to avoid being relegated.
Updated on Jun 19, 2020 05:35 PM IST