- Macron said France would also invest 1 billion euros by 2030 in "disruptive innovation" to produce atomic power, notably by designing small-size nuclear reactors.
Published on Oct 12, 2021 03:46 PM IST
According to the allegations reportedly raised by the Mali prime minister, French troops now control an entire enclave in Kidal, a northern desert town, to the point that Malian authorities have even been ‘banned’ from entering their own territory.
Published on Oct 09, 2021 01:51 PM IST
Written by Joydeep Bose | Edited by Meenakshi Ray, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Published on Sep 27, 2021 09:24 PM IST
- In June, Macron was slapped in the face by a man as he was greeting the public in a small town in southeastern France. He then denounced “violence” and “stupidity.”
Published on Sep 27, 2021 09:24 PM IST
- France will also commit to helping Unicef and health systems with vaccine distribution, Macron said, noting that only 3% of Africa’s population is vaccinated.
Published on Sep 27, 2021 04:30 AM IST
- The details of his “health pass”, a QR code that acts as proof of vaccination, has been shared on social media recently.
Published on Sep 24, 2021 04:12 AM IST
- Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
Published on Sep 21, 2021 08:55 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- Macron assured PM Modi of continued “commitment to the strengthening of India's strategic autonomy, including its industry and technology base, as part of a close relationship based on trust and mutual respect."
Updated on Sep 21, 2021 06:16 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Kunal Gaurav
Then-UK foreign secretary Dominic Raab (who is now the new justice secretary) was warned that such a deal could negatively affect relations with China and Paris, but the details of the agreement were nonetheless discussed at the G7 summit.
Published on Sep 19, 2021 08:16 AM IST
The key message from the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is that disappearing species and the destruction of ecosystems are no less existential threats than global warming.
Published on Sep 04, 2021 12:13 AM IST
“Our resolution proposal aims to define a safe zone in Kabul, under UN control, which would allow humanitarian operations to continue,” French President Macron said.
Published on Aug 29, 2021 07:35 PM IST
Written by Srivatsan K C | Edited by Avik Roy, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
French President Emmanuel Macron vowed Europe would put together a "robust" initiative to thwart illegal migration and in particular people-smuggling networks.
Published on Aug 17, 2021 10:04 PM IST
A compromise was reached between the two Houses of parliament amid massive protests against the new measures that many believe were an infringement to civil liberties.
Published on Jul 26, 2021 09:12 AM IST
The Covid-19 pass requirement took effect on Wednesday at cultural and tourist sites in France, following a government decree. At the Eiffel Tower, masked workers scanned QR codes on digital health passes and checked printed vaccines or test certificates.
Updated on Jul 22, 2021 08:06 AM IST
AP | | Edited by Joydeep Bose
Xavier Bertrand, although his chances of winning slim in a projected neck-to-neck presidential election between Emmanuel Macron and Marine Le Pen next year in France, could still create enough problems by peeling off voters to prevent either of his two rivals from reaching the runoff round.
Published on Jul 22, 2021 05:42 AM IST
Written by Joydeep Bose
“I invite the world to invest in India based on the five pillars of: Talent, Market, Capital, Eco-system and, Culture of openness,” Modi said in his address, assuring that the country offers what the innovators and investors needed.
Published on Jun 16, 2021 06:33 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Srivatsan K C
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the VivaTech 2021 session around 4pm on Wednesday.
Updated on Jun 15, 2021 03:14 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Prashasti Singh, New Delhi
- Promising to “collectively catalyse” hundreds of billions of infrastructure investment for low and middle-income countries, the G7 leaders said they would offer a “values-driven, high-standard and transparent” partnership.
Published on Jun 12, 2021 11:38 PM IST
Agencies | , Carbis Bay
- Neither Macron nor Johnson drew an explicit parallel between Biden and Trump, though both praised Biden's distinctly cooperative tone
Published on Jun 12, 2021 08:57 PM IST
Reuters | , Carbis Bay, England
French president Emmanuel Macron, however, pointed out that both France and the UK have a common vision for international and transatlantic relations, including on arms control, according to an official in the G-7 delegation.
Published on Jun 12, 2021 03:01 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Joydeep Bose
At a G7 meeting, Macron told Johnson the two countries had common interests, but that ties could only improve if Johnson kept his word on Brexit.
Published on Jun 12, 2021 02:17 PM IST
- Ahead of the first meeting of the G7 Leaders’ Summit, Macron said that the group defends fair remuneration of innovation and the respect of intellectual property rights.
Published on Jun 11, 2021 09:57 PM IST
Written by Kunal Gaurav | Edited by Avik Roy
Updated on Jun 11, 2021 05:43 PM IST
- Around 160 French troops were providing operational support in Bangui and training Central African forces to support the government on the security front.
Published on Jun 09, 2021 09:32 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Kunal Gaurav, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
In a key new phase of the programme relaxing the lockdown, diners in France will be able to go inside cafes and restaurants, terrace consumption having already resumed on May 19.
Published on Jun 09, 2021 10:33 AM IST
Published on Jun 08, 2021 08:22 PM IST
- Macron's bodyguards quickly intervened and two people were arrested afterwards.
Published on Jun 08, 2021 07:30 PM IST
AFP | | Posted by Shankhyaneel Sarkar
The dispute is escalating at a sensitive time for British prime minister Boris Johnson, who hosts world leaders in the UK for the Group of Seven summit later this week.
Published on Jun 08, 2021 01:29 AM IST
French President Emmanuel Macron said the aim isn’t just to find out what spying activities happened in the past, but also to determine “which practices are still going on today”.
Published on Jun 01, 2021 06:04 AM IST
The solidarity mission, initiated by President Emmanuel Macron, is supported by French companies present in India and the European Union, and aims to respond to both emergency needs and boost long-term resilience of India's healthcare system, French ambassador Emmanuel Lenain said.
Published on Apr 27, 2021 02:08 AM IST
By Rezaul H Laskar, New Delhi