- Haitian Justice minister Liszt Quitel said the gang was demanding $1 million per person
Published on Oct 19, 2021 08:10 PM IST
AP | , Port-au-prince
Jennifer Viau, a spokeswoman for the US state department in Washington, said by email that “we’re looking into this.” The US embassy in Haiti did not respond to a request for comment outside business hours.
Published on Oct 17, 2021 09:30 AM IST
Published on Sep 21, 2021 05:11 PM IST
- Rescue operations following the earthquake that hit southwestern Haiti on Saturday have taken a major hit even as local authorities said the death toll is likely to increase.
Published on Aug 17, 2021 08:04 PM IST
Written by Sharangee Dutta | Edited by Avik Roy, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Officials said the magnitude 7.2 earthquake in Haiti left more than 7,000 homes destroyed and nearly 5,000 damaged. The quake was centred 125km west of the capital Port-au-Prince.
Published on Aug 17, 2021 10:19 AM IST
- The European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC) has reported a quake of magnitude 7.6 in the region.
Published on Aug 14, 2021 06:46 PM IST
Wendelle Coq-Thelot was ousted in February along with two other judges after Haiti President Jovenel Moise, who was assassinated earlier this month, alleged a coup was being planned against him.
Published on Jul 31, 2021 06:19 PM IST
Haitian authorities have said that a hit squad of 28 men, including 26 Colombians and two US citizens, killed Jovenel Moise in his home last week.
Published on Jul 13, 2021 10:02 PM IST
Written by Meenakshi Ray, New Delhi
Hundreds of Haitians gathered in front of the US Embassy in Port-au-Prince, demanding to leave the country. But the Biden administration has so far given no indication it will provide military assistance.
Published on Jul 10, 2021 08:38 PM IST
AP | | Posted by Shanza Khan, Port-au-prince
- Authorities have caught the perpetrators of the attack, Haiti's police chief Leon Charles said, but are now looking for the masterminds.
Published on Jul 09, 2021 10:55 PM IST
- According to Taiwan’s foreign ministry, some doors and windows were broken but there was no other damage to the embassy.
Published on Jul 09, 2021 07:55 PM IST
Four other suspected assailants were killed and two are still missing, Mathias Pierre, Haiti's minister of elections, said.
Published on Jul 09, 2021 01:44 AM IST
PTI | , Port-au-prince
- Meanwhile, four suspected killers of Moise were fatally shot by police and two others were arrested, AP reported citing Haiti Police Chief Léon Charles.
Published on Jul 08, 2021 07:45 AM IST
Reuters | By hindustantimes.com | Written by Susmita Pakrasi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- Haiti's ambassador to the United States said that attack on President Jovenel Moise was "well orchestrated" and professional mercenaries were involved.
Published on Jul 07, 2021 11:04 PM IST
- Haiti, a Caribbean nation of more than 11 million people, had grown unstable under Jovenel Moise amid a constitutional crisis.
Published on Jul 07, 2021 05:24 PM IST
Marco had grown into a hurricane early Sunday, but the National Hurricane Center said its sustained winds decreased to 70 mph (110 kph) after nightfall.
Published on Aug 24, 2020 05:40 PM IST
Port Au Prince, Haiti | By Associated Press| Posted by: Harshit Sabarwal
FIFA said ethics investigators now “expanded the scope of the aforementioned investigations by opening formal proceedings” against a woman and a man.
Updated on Aug 20, 2020 04:09 PM IST
ZURICH | By Associated Press
That survey found more than 30 measles campaigns around the world have been, or are at risk of being halted, a move likely to worsen outbreaks of the highly contagious disease.
Updated on Jul 15, 2020 10:52 PM IST
DAKAR, Senegal | By Associated Press | Posted by Arpan Rai
External affairs ministry spokesperson Raveesh Kumar outlined the government’s position after reports emerged, citing a website purportedly linked to the self-styled godman accused of rape, that he had established the “Hindu nation” of Kailaasa in South America.
Updated on Dec 06, 2019 07:46 PM IST
Hindustan Times, New Delhi | By Rezaul H Laskar
The decadal data shows that about 16 extreme climate events took place on average every year between 1998 and 2017 compared to 10 events annually between 1978 and 1997.
Updated on Jan 24, 2019 07:46 AM IST
Hindustan Times, New Delhi | By Jayashree Nandi, New Delhi
In 2010, a massive earthquake had left at least 200,000 people dead and 300,000 more wounded.
Updated on Oct 07, 2018 10:43 AM IST
Port-au-Prince | By Agence France-Presse
Indian citizens are among thousands of migrants from Haiti, Africa and Asia who are trekking across Latin America through travel routes forged by Latino immigrants, The Los Angeles Times reported.
Updated on Aug 15, 2018 02:28 PM IST
Press Trust of India, Washington | By Press Trust of India
Lionel Messi scored three goals and assisted the fourth as Argentina eased past Haiti 4-0 in a warm-up game ahead of the FIFA World Cup 2018 in Buenos Aires on Tuesday.
Updated on May 30, 2018 07:15 PM IST
Hindustan Times, New Delhi | By HT Correspondent
The country scores 97th out of 118— behind Iran, Iraq, Nigeria and Bangladesh.
Updated on Apr 24, 2018 03:30 PM IST
By Rhythma Kaul