India at Tokyo Olympics]
By hindustantimes.com, New Delhi
UPDATED ON SEP 09, 2021 08:05 PM IST
- In wake of India's fine show in Tokyo, the country's first individual Olympic gold medal winner, Abhinav Bindra, in conversation with veteran sports journalist Sharda Ugra on Day 1 of Hindustan Times' virtual HT NxT, called the Olympic Games the epitome of sporting success'.
By Rudraneil Sengupta, Sandip Sikdar, New Delhi
UPDATED ON SEP 08, 2021 10:19 PM IST
- A carefully tailored programme that continued through lockdown and a top-notch recovery process helped in the jump from last in Rio to fourth in Tokyo
UPDATED ON SEP 04, 2021 11:09 AM IST
The 33-year-old, who is also the world no 1 and current Asian champion, secured a 21-11 21-16 win over Fujihara in men's singles SL3 class semifinals that lasted 36 minutes.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 31, 2021 10:45 AM IST
The third-seeded Rakesh, who had shot the best Indian qualifying score of 699 out of a possible 720 in the ranking round, found the going tough against the 2016 Olympics mixed open champion to lose by two points (143-145)
By hindustantimes.com, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON AUG 22, 2021 04:54 PM IST
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 21, 2021 11:28 AM IST
- Staging the Tokyo Olympics amid the global coronavirus pandemic was one of the "most complex" tasks of his career, International Olympic Committee vice-president John Coates said.
Written by Susmita Pakrasi | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON AUG 18, 2021 10:57 AM IST
- PM Modi offered ice cream to Olympics medal winner PV Sindhu during his interaction with the Indian contingent.
UPDATED ON AUG 16, 2021 03:00 PM IST
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday hosted the Olympic-returned Indian athletes for breakfast at his residence.
Written by Joydeep Bose | Edited by Avik Roy, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON AUG 15, 2021 12:37 PM IST
Kejriwal said that his government has set up Delhi Sports University, which is not only for athletes from the national capital but for the entire country. “I call upon everyone to come and avail the facilities,” the chief minister of Delhi said.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 15, 2021 10:11 AM IST
The Tokyo Paralympic Games is scheduled to be held between August 24 and September 5. India will start its campaign on August 27 with men's and women's archery events.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 15, 2021 09:33 AM IST
PTI | , New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON AUG 11, 2021 06:16 PM IST
- The company understands the hardships faced by the athletes and has come forward to appreciate and acknowledge the spirit of the players, Mankind Pharma said in a statement.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 11, 2021 04:47 PM IST
The 23-year-Chopra clinched the country's maiden Olympic medal in athletics with a best throw of 87.58m on Saturday to become only the second Indian to win an individual yellow metal in the Games.
UPDATED ON AUG 10, 2021 02:33 PM IST
India women's hockey team head coach Sjoerd Marijne has said India will remain in his heart forever as the Dutch master tactician leaves the team on an all-time high
By Snehal Pradhan
PUBLISHED ON AUG 10, 2021 11:28 AM IST
- The Tokyo Olympics was the most gender balanced in the history of the Games with nearly 49% of the athletes women.
By hindustantimes.com, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON AUG 09, 2021 09:01 PM IST
Ayuub Pathan, a petrol pump owner in Bharuch, is offering free petrol, up to ₹501, to people who share their names with Olympic gold medallist Neeraj Chopra.
UPDATED ON AUG 09, 2021 08:44 PM IST
Gold medal-winning javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra was the cynosure of all eyes in the ceremony at a five-star hotel here, held a couple of hours after the seven podium finishers made their way out of the airport amid utter chaos.
UPDATED ON AUG 09, 2021 05:46 PM IST
The athletes were welcomed by a Sports Authority of India delegation headed by its Director General Sandeep Pradhan. Athletics Federation of India head Adille Sumariwala also accompanied him.
UPDATED ON AUG 09, 2021 05:19 PM IST
In the form of her life after winning five World Cup medals this year, Indian archer Deepika Kumari carried the hopes of 1.3 billion Indians to get the sport their first Olympic archery medal in Tokyo.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 09, 2021 12:20 PM IST
The new cases included 13 contractors and six Games-Concerned personnels. There were also six volunteers, two Tokyo employees and one from media among the infected.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 09, 2021 12:18 PM IST
In an exclusive interview to PTI, Borgohain, who clinched the welterweight (69kg) bronze, spoke about the hardships she endured to get where she is, the joy of watching the triumph of human spirit at the Games and how her regular life now becomes much more eventful thanks to overnight fam
PUBLISHED ON AUG 09, 2021 11:10 AM IST
- Barred from bringing family and friends with them to Japan, playing in empty arenas and not allowed to sightsee in Tokyo, some athletes found themselves day-dreaming about the French capital's Olympic rendezvous in 2024.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 09, 2021 11:08 AM IST
She said that is leaving Tokyo with "bittersweet memories" as she tried her best till the very end in the event but still ended up missing out on a medal.
By Srimoyee Chowdhury
PUBLISHED ON AUG 09, 2021 10:42 AM IST
- The post shared on Twitter and Instagram shows a doodle of the 23-year-old Neeraj Chopra showing his Olympic gold medal to the Amul girl.
By Avishek Roy, Tokyo
PUBLISHED ON AUG 08, 2021 11:37 PM IST
- Bajrang Punia was injured in June during a tournament in Russia in the build-up to the Olympics and he was a touch tentative, until he discarded the knee protection coming into the playoff.
By N Ananthanarayanan, New Delhi
UPDATED ON AUG 08, 2021 10:55 PM IST
- With no spectators, who make the quadrennial event feel like no other sporting event in the world, some of the great performances across a fortnight had to make do with shrieks of delight or tears of joy or dismay from the athletes themselves.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 08, 2021 10:25 PM IST
By Avishek Roy, Tokyo
PUBLISHED ON AUG 08, 2021 10:13 PM IST
- Indian athletes produced a show to remember in the 16 days of Tokyo Olympics, winning the country a total of seven medals.
By Rutvick Mehta
UPDATED ON AUG 08, 2021 10:10 PM IST
- Heading into the last day of Tokyo 2020, the Americans found themselves in unfamiliar territory of second spot in the medals tally. They were still dominating in the volume of overall medals, but China had two more gold—the decisive column in arranging the order.