- ICC shared a 20-second clip of Rahul's interview where he talked about India's historic 2011 World Cup win under the captaincy of MS Dhoni and the influence it had on him as a budding cricketer back then.
Published on Nov 06, 2021 09:08 AM IST
- When asked to Virender Sehwag about his views on this topic, the former India opener backed Rohit as the ideal candidate, stating his incredible run as the Mumbai Indians skipper as the reason behind it.
Updated on Nov 05, 2021 10:03 AM IST
- Sunil Gavaskar feels India will not stick to the opening pair from the previous match and expects Rohit Sharma to return as opener along with KL Rahul. Rohit, who has four T20I centuries, opening for India, was made to bat at No. 3 against New Zealand with Ishan opening the innings with Rahul.
Published on Nov 03, 2021 07:21 AM IST
- Skipper Virat Kohli anointed KL Rahul as opener in the T20 World Cup and he showed why, hosts India easing to victory in the warm-up game in Dubai.
Updated on Oct 19, 2021 08:03 AM IST
, MumbaiRasesh Mandani
- Brett Lee ruled the Men In Blue as the number one title contender in the upcoming T20 World Cup.
Updated on Oct 14, 2021 04:34 PM IST
Sehwag explained how several former India captains would be convinced of their team-mates' opinion if it was in majority, but expressed doubts over whether anyone from the current Indian set-up has what it takes to change Kohli's mind.
Updated on Oct 14, 2021 04:16 PM IST
KL Rahul scored an unbeaten 98 off 42 balls, including 7 boundaries and 8 sixes, as Punjab Kings successfully chased down the target of 135, with 7 overs to spare.
Updated on Oct 08, 2021 04:17 PM IST
- MS Dhoni’s side, already in the playoffs, even got to a modest total only due to Faf du Plessis’ 76 as PK bowlers impressed. Rahul then hit 98* for a six-wicket win.
Published on Oct 07, 2021 08:07 PM IST
A frustrated Rahul went closer to the on-field umpire for a chat but it was of no use as the final decision was made by the third umpire.
Updated on Oct 04, 2021 12:01 PM IST
Kohli and Sharma are indispensable across formats meaning the commander in one could be commanded in another.
Published on Oct 01, 2021 08:37 PM IST
- Gavaskar termed both Rahul and Pant as street-smart cricketer and picked them as India's future vice-captains after Rohit Sharma takes over as T20I captain at the completion of T20 World Cup.
Updated on Sep 30, 2021 12:08 PM IST
- KL Rahul said Harpreet is a confident young spinner, who always tells him not to worry whenever the Punjab Kings captain throws the bowl at him.
Updated on Sep 26, 2021 10:59 AM IST
- Who will replace Virat Kohli as the next Royal Challengers Bangalore captain is question that has been doing the rounds for quite some time now.
Published on Sep 26, 2021 07:04 AM IST
- IPL 2021: KL Rahul would be eager to put all that behind him and put a solid performance that could eventually knock SRH out of the tournament.
Updated on Sep 25, 2021 06:11 PM IST
The signings of Adil Rashid as one of the three replacements may provide a solid spin bowling option to PBKS which can turn their fortunes this season.
Updated on Sep 21, 2021 01:56 PM IST
Former captain and batting legend Sunil Gavaskar has suggested that batsman KL Rahul could be appointed the new vice-captain, in order to groom him as a future skipper.
Updated on Sep 17, 2021 10:12 AM IST
- Rahul was found to have breached Article 2.8 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel, relating to “showing dissent at an umpire’s decision during an International Match.”
Published on Sep 05, 2021 02:14 PM IST
- Rahul thought his bat had hit the pads but both Manjrekar and Agarkar said the third umpire made the right call by declaring him out on Saturday.
Updated on Sep 04, 2021 06:43 PM IST
David Lloyd lavished praise on the Indian opening pair of KL Rahul and Rohit Sharma for finding ways to survive the English attack. At the same time, he expressed his disappointment over the performance of Burns and Sibley.
Updated on Aug 18, 2021 07:59 PM IST
- "If you go after one of our guys, you are going after the whole team, all XI of us will come right back,” Rahul said when asked about the heated episodes between India pacers Bumrah, Shami and England players on Day 5 of the second Test match, which India won by 151 runs at Lord’s.
Published on Aug 17, 2021 08:28 AM IST
- The incident happened in the 69th over of the England innings when Rahul complained about something being thrown from the crowd. India captain Virat Kohli, who was standing at the slips at that time, did not seem pleased. Kohli, in fact, signaled Rahul to throw them back to the crowd.
Published on Aug 14, 2021 06:06 PM IST
- Centurion KL Rahul’s 126-run opening stand with Rohit Sharma helps India finish Day 1 on 276/3.
Updated on Aug 13, 2021 12:08 AM IST
- With this hundred at Lord's, KL Rahul equaled Virender Sehwag in the list of most hundreds outside Asia. Both Rahul and Sehwag now have four hundreds outside Asia to their names while opening the batting in Test cricket. Sunil Gavaskar sits on top of the three with 15 hundreds outside Asia.
Updated on Aug 13, 2021 07:50 AM IST
- KL Rahul made a strong comeback in India's Test XI scoring 84 and 26 against England in the first Test in Nottingham.
Updated on Aug 11, 2021 10:01 AM IST
Former Pakistan spinner Danish Kaneria was impressed with the way Rahul tackled the home bowlers at Trent Bridge.
Published on Aug 07, 2021 01:25 PM IST
- India's lower order added valuable runs, with Ravindra Jadeja's fifty and a 33-run stand for the last wicket giving the team a crucial 95-run first-innings lead against England.
Updated on Aug 07, 2021 11:03 AM IST
Somshuvra Laha, Kolkata
India vs England Highlights, 1st Test, Day 2: Heavy rain in Nottingham has forced early stumps on Day 2. India have scored 125 for 4 and trail England by 58 runs.
Updated on Aug 05, 2021 11:20 PM IST
Speaking in his latest YouTube video, Salman Butt said that Rahul is the best option available for India to field as an opening partner for Rohit in the opening Test.
Updated on Aug 03, 2021 07:19 PM IST
- India vs England: Sunil Gavaskar believes KL Rahul can put an end to India's opening woes and partner Rohit Sharma, who has emerged as the confirmed opener in Tests, for long.
Updated on Aug 04, 2021 11:44 AM IST
Indian pacer Jasprit Bumrah is the lone Indian at seventh in the bowlers’ table. Sri Lanka spinner Wanindu Hasaranga has climbed to a career-best ranking of second among T20I bowlers.
Updated on Jul 28, 2021 03:41 PM IST