By Somshuvra Laha, Kolkata
PUBLISHED ON AUG 16, 2021 08:26 PM IST
- The victory at Sabina Park, Kingston is the latest of the thrillers the Caribbeans, far from the Test force they once were, have been involved in.
PTI | , Providence
PUBLISHED ON AUG 01, 2021 07:44 AM IST
Left-handed Pooran smashed six sixes and four boundaries on Saturday but his unbeaten 62 off 33 balls could carry the West Indies to only 150-4.
UPDATED ON JUL 28, 2021 07:02 AM IST
- Former captain Wasim Akram has reacted strongly to Pakistan's recent series loss to England, saying the real blame needs to be given to organisers, who are frequently designing tour of countries like Zimbabwe.
UPDATED ON JUL 05, 2021 07:17 PM IST
- Fast bowling great and Pakistan's bowling coach Waqar Younis has listed down pointers for Mohammad Amir to follow in order to make a comeback into the international side.
UPDATED ON JUL 01, 2021 07:50 PM IST
- Younis was removed as the captain of the Pakistan cricket team in 2009 due to a player’s revolt. Younis was succeeded by Misbah-ul-Haq and Shahid Afridi as captain of Pakistan’s Test and limited-overs side.
UPDATED ON JUN 07, 2021 02:42 PM IST
- Former Pakistan spinner stated that the Indian cricketing system is better than Pakistan's and how well they take care of their players.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 04, 2021 11:12 AM IST
- Former captain Salman Butt has expressed concerns over Misbah-Ul-Haq's role as Pakistan head coach.
UPDATED ON JUN 01, 2021 03:05 PM IST
Last year, Mohammad Amir had claimed that he won’t be able to continue with the ‘mindset’ of the current coaching staff.
UPDATED ON JUN 01, 2021 09:38 AM IST
It was recently reported that several Pakistan players including Sarfaraz Ahmed missed their flights to the United Arab Emirates for the restart of the Pakistan Super League due to documentation issues.
UPDATED ON MAY 29, 2021 07:54 AM IST
- Legendary fast bowler Wasim Akram has explained his reasons behind not wanting to coach the Pakistan cricket team.
UPDATED ON MAY 21, 2021 03:42 PM IST
- Former Pakistan pacer Shoaib Akhtar had hit his teammate Asif with a bat. Akhtar was called back from the 2007 ICC World T20 in South Africa.
UPDATED ON MAY 17, 2021 05:24 PM IST
- Legendary Pakistan batsman Inzamam-ul-Haq admitted the real beauty of the sport lies in Tests despite T20s providing entertainment.
UPDATED ON MAY 11, 2021 06:07 PM IST
Pakistan registered a comfortable 2-0 clean sweep against Zimbabwe with the matches ending in three days. But former captain Rashid Latif did not mince his words when talking about the series.
UPDATED ON MAY 08, 2021 10:02 PM IST
- Aslam continued to say that some players lived off one innings while he was even getting picked in domestic cricket.
Reuters | , Harare
UPDATED ON MAY 07, 2021 10:17 PM IST
The pair set a 236-run record for a second-wicket partnership in Harare as they provided Pakistan with a platform for an imposing first-innings total in a bid to replicate last week’s convincing first test win.
AP | , Harare, Zimbabwe
PUBLISHED ON APR 25, 2021 10:14 PM IST
- Rizwan and skipper Babar (52) propelled Pakistan to 165-3 in 20 overs as the tourists batted first at Harare Sports Club.
ANI | , New Delhi
UPDATED ON APR 03, 2021 09:14 PM IST
- Babar's century and gutsy knock by Mohammad Rizwan and Shadab Khan ensured the visitors didn't falter in the game which saw too many twists and turns.
PTI | , Karachi
PUBLISHED ON MAR 23, 2021 09:59 AM IST
The PCB has carried out a relentless schedule of COVID-19 tests on all the players and officials selected to travel to South Africa and Zimbabwe and only Hasan had tested positive in the initial tests.
UPDATED ON MAR 18, 2021 01:50 PM IST
Speaking at a function in Lahore on Wednesday, Afridi said that the Pakistan Super League should not have been postponed.
PTI | , Karachi
UPDATED ON FEB 20, 2021 02:41 PM IST
"The board is working on this option because the consensus is that sending so many players and officials on a commercial flight to Africa could be risky," a source in the board said.
PTI | , Karachi
PUBLISHED ON FEB 19, 2021 10:59 AM IST
The government has allowed the Pakistan Cricket Board to admit 20 per cent capacity of fans inside the stadiums for the country's premier Twenty20 league, maintaining proper social distancing and making masks mandatory for spectators.
UPDATED ON FEB 11, 2021 01:49 PM IST
- “Is this how you're taking PSL brand up? Going down every year. Kon banata hai yeh,” Akhtar said on Twitter.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 09, 2021 01:58 PM IST
South Africa were defeated by 95 runs in Rawalpindi on Monday to lose the two-match series 2-0.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 08, 2021 08:51 PM IST
Already captain of Pakistan's T20 and ODI teams, Babar was appointed as skipper of the test side in November and was supposed to make his test captaincy debut in New Zealand.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 07, 2021 09:01 PM IST
Even though South Africa appeared in control at 127 for one at the close of play on the fourth day chasing 370, the wicketkeeper-batsman, who ended with 115 not out in the Pakistan second innings, said his team will try to pull off a win.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 04, 2021 06:07 PM IST
- Babar raised his 16th test half-century and was unbeaten on 77 with a dozen boundaries while left-handed Alam continued his rich batting form to be 42 off 138 balls at tea. They did not resume as rain washed out the last session.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 01, 2021 03:44 PM IST
- The home side fought back from 27-4 in its first innings at Karachi to beat the Proteas by seven wickets and take a 1-0 lead the two-match series. The second test starts at Pindi Cricket Stadium on Thursday.
UPDATED ON JAN 18, 2021 03:08 PM IST
Having already retired from Tests, the 28-year-old quit international cricket last month alleging mental torture by the cricket board.
PTI | , Karachi
PUBLISHED ON JAN 17, 2021 10:37 PM IST
- The South Africa squad, which includes 21 players, underwent their first Covid-19 tests soon after landing on Saturday.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 14, 2021 07:12 PM IST
South Africa start the first of two tests in Pakistan on January 26 as they return there for the first time since 2007. Their absence followed a militant attack on the Sri Lanka team bus in Lahore in 2009 that killed six policemen and two civilians.