PUBLISHED ON JUN 16, 2021 08:37 PM IST
UPDATED ON JUN 14, 2021 01:16 PM IST
Plans for the temporary artwork, officially titled L'Arc de Triomphe, Wrapped, 'were very advanced' before they were postponed as a result of the pandemic and after Christo died last year at the age of 84
UPDATED ON JUN 13, 2021 05:42 PM IST
From England delaying reopening to Chicago fully reopening, California remaining under a state of emergency, Paris lifting the curfew for the French Open fans and Switzerland planning to reopen its borders for overseas visitors who have received a Covid-19 vaccine, catch all the travel updates here
UPDATED ON JUN 09, 2021 10:21 AM IST
- The monumental Statue of Liberty in New York's harbour, by sculptor Auguste Bartholdi, symbolises the United States’ welcoming to its shores of immigrants seeking refuge and freedom. The smaller version heading to the US had been displayed in Paris at the Musee des Arts et Metiers.
UPDATED ON JUN 07, 2021 06:10 PM IST
Of the many versions of Leonardo da Vinci's painting, few copies have a more fascinating history than the Hekking Mona Lisa. It offers a brilliant insight into changing attitudes over the centuries towards the perceived value of originality versus imitation.
UPDATED ON JUN 06, 2021 06:27 PM IST
- Paris' acclaimed Pompidou Center announces plans to open a satellite museum in New Jersey's Jersey City, not far from where the Statue of Liberty stands in New York Harbour. Centre Pompidou x Jersey City, scheduled to open in 2024, would be the French museum's first venture in North America
PUBLISHED ON JUN 03, 2021 10:49 PM IST
The plane, traveling from N'Djamena in Chad, was searched after landing in the French capital Paris, and no device was found, Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin announced on Twitter.
AP | , Paris
PUBLISHED ON MAY 29, 2021 11:08 PM IST
- The Paris public hospital authority helped organize the event to determine whether it’s safe to allow 5,000 masked people to dance together in the open pit of an indoor concert arena without social distancing.
UPDATED ON MAY 27, 2021 09:53 AM IST
- President Rodrigo Duterte warns Philippines officials to enforce Covid-19 lockdown restrictions as swimming parties, drinking sprees and picnics held earlier this month in three resorts lead to a surge in coronavirus infections
UPDATED ON MAY 18, 2021 12:39 PM IST
Musee d'Orsay in Paris is ready for the doors to open to public on Wednesday after six months with no visitors because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
By Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON MAY 10, 2021 04:48 PM IST
- Shahid Kapoor tries dispelling the surrounding Covid-19 gloom by sharing a ‘picture of happiness’ by well-known Turkish painter Abidin Dino and we are taking a leaf out of his message of positivity this Monday
PUBLISHED ON APR 24, 2021 03:11 PM IST
- The murder at a police station in Rambouillet, a commuter town about 60 kilometres (40 miles) from Paris, revived the trauma of a spate of deadly attacks last year.
UPDATED ON APR 14, 2021 08:54 PM IST
Luxury is benefiting from the appetite among younger millennial and Gen Z Asian shoppers who are increasingly spending their money online on Dior gowns and Louis Vuitton bags amid inability to travel to the expensive luxury emporiums of Paris and Milan due to Covid-19
AFP | , Paris
UPDATED ON APR 12, 2021 08:58 PM IST
- The two victims were taken into the hospital for treatment after the shooting, and the man died from his wounds.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON APR 06, 2021 05:01 PM IST
Paris prosecutor Remy Heitz said Sunday that a criminal probe had been opened into putting the lives of others at risk.
PTI | , Paris
PUBLISHED ON APR 01, 2021 07:24 AM IST
On Wednesday, the President of France Emmanuel Macron announced that there will be a month-long ban on domestic travel and schools will be closed for three weeks. All these measures are being taken due to the increase in coronavirus cases.
AP | , Paris
PUBLISHED ON MAR 29, 2021 06:46 AM IST
Since January, Macron's government has instead imposed a nationwide overnight curfew and followed that with a grab-bag of other restrictions.
UPDATED ON MAR 27, 2021 05:21 PM IST
- As part of a major revamp of its online presence amid Covid-19 lockdown, Louvre museum in Paris has created a new database of 482,000 items at collections.louvre.fr with more than three-quarters already labelled with information and pictures for the public to visit free of charge
Reuters | , Paris
PUBLISHED ON MAR 25, 2021 07:10 PM IST
The government has prided itself on keeping schools open during most of the epidemic, while some neighbouring countries have closed theirs for months at a time, but it is coming under mounting pressure to act as cases surge.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 21, 2021 03:19 PM IST
Macron has faced criticism for a comparatively slow rollout of the coronavirus vaccine and his overall handling of the pandemic.
UPDATED ON MAR 19, 2021 06:06 PM IST
Parisians brace for new Covid-19 lockdown which is due to last for a month though the restrictions are less severe than in previous lockdowns
AP | | Posted by Harshit Sabarwal, Paris
UPDATED ON MAR 18, 2021 05:36 PM IST
“We will make the decisions we need to make,” French President Emmanuel Macron said on Wednesday while visiting the hospital of Poissy and Saint-Germain-en-Laye, west of Paris. He added the new measures will be “pragmatic, proportionated and targeted.”
PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 12:08 PM IST
Dating from 1808, the bird market is expected to close when the city completes renovation of the flower market hall, with historical cast-iron awnings, on the same spot in 2023-25.
UPDATED ON FEB 25, 2021 09:56 AM IST
Sotheby's auction house in Amsterdam, Hong Kong, and Paris to put on display for the first time, a Paris street scene painted by Vincent Van Gogh in 1887 while he was lodging with his brother Theo in the French capital.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 21, 2021 06:08 PM IST
The forced closure has also granted museum officials a golden opportunity to carry out long-overdue refurbishments that were simply not possible with nearly 10 million visitors a year.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 10, 2021 01:37 PM IST
Sister André tested positive for the virus in mid-January in the southern French city of Toulon. But just three weeks later, the nun is considered recovered.
By hindustantimes.com, Delhi
UPDATED ON FEB 04, 2021 07:16 AM IST
World Cancer Day 2021: Annually observed on February 4, World Cancer Day seeks to raise awareness and reduce the stigma surround the disease that is the second leading cause of deaths globally. Read on to know all about the history, significance and theme this year
UPDATED ON JAN 25, 2021 08:37 AM IST
After winning the Romain Rolland Book Prize, the publisher and Tamil translator of French novel 'Le mariage de plaisir' will now be invited by the French Institute in India to the Paris Book Fair 2021 (Livre Paris 2021) as the guests of honour.
AP | , Paris
PUBLISHED ON JAN 23, 2021 06:57 PM IST
France's hospitals now hold more Covid patients than in October, when President Emmanuel Macron imposed a second lockdown. Virus patients occupy more than half of the country's intensive care beds.
By Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON JAN 23, 2021 11:10 AM IST
- From sunshiny suit that leaves one day dreaming to silk maxi dress that looks perfect for hot summer evenings, Priyanka Chopra Jonas has been raising the sartorial bar in her own sizzling style during the promotions of The White Tiger and the fashionista in us is inspired