uefa champions league]
- Five men were arrested after the incident that left the 63-year-old City fan, who is Belgian, hospitalized after being attacked in a parking lot at a service station late Tuesday after City’s 5-1 win.
Published on Oct 22, 2021 03:45 PM IST
AP | , Brugge, Belgium
- Messi, whose only other goal for PSG came in a Champions League win over Man City last month, even passed up the opportunity for a hat trick when PSG was awarded another penalty in stoppage time
Published on Oct 20, 2021 07:10 AM IST
The Brazilian met a cushioned pass from fellow replacement Eduardo Camavinga and volleyed home in the dying minutes as Carlo Ancelotti’s side triumphed against their major rivals for top spot in Group D.
Published on Sep 16, 2021 08:24 AM IST
Steven Berghuis also scored for the Dutch champions at the José Alvalade Stadium in Lisbon.
Published on Sep 16, 2021 08:23 AM IST
AP | , Lisbon, Portugal
Beşiktaş made the much better start, roared on by vocal supporters, while the visitors seemed to struggle with the soft playing surface.
Published on Sep 16, 2021 07:54 AM IST
AP | , Istanbul
Juventus has failed to win any of its three games in Serie A this season, the last two being losses that came after the departure of Ronaldo to Manchester United.
Published on Sep 15, 2021 11:11 AM IST
PTI | , Malmo
Salzburg converted only one of its three penalties, all earned by inspired striker Karim Adeyemi before 40 minutes were up in Seville on Tuesday.
Published on Sep 15, 2021 11:08 AM IST
PTI | , Seville
On his European debut for the club, the 28-year-old Belgian ensured Chelsea made a successful start to its Champions League title defense by clinching a 1-0 victory over Zenit St. Petersburg on Tuesday.
Published on Sep 15, 2021 11:03 AM IST
PTI | , London
Argentine Messi and Brazil's Neymar played in World Cup qualifiers last Thursday and were back in Paris late on Friday. They missed PSG's 4-0 win over Clermont the following day.
Published on Sep 14, 2021 02:27 PM IST
The opening Champions League games on September 14 include Bayern Munich playing at Barcelona and Manchester United visiting Swiss champion Young Boys.
Published on Sep 07, 2021 10:57 AM IST
PTI | , Nyon
- Messi joined Qatar-owned PSG, who will also face Bundesliga side RB Leipzig and Belgium's Brugge, from Barcelona this month after the Spanish side were unable to afford a new contract.
Published on Aug 27, 2021 12:42 AM IST
Zidane, who returned to Real for a second spell in charge in March 2019, won two La Liga titles and three Champions League crowns during his two stints as coach.
Published on May 31, 2021 02:24 PM IST
Reuters | , Madrid
- City fail to deliver in Europe again as Kai Havertz’s solitary goal hands the Blues the Champions League.
Published on May 31, 2021 08:36 AM IST
By Bhargab Sarmah, Guwahati
The 29-year-old Belgian playmaker had to be replaced by Gabriel Jesus in the 60th minute on Saturday following a collision with Antonio Rudiger.
Published on May 30, 2021 06:00 PM IST
AP | , Porto, Portugal
Published on May 30, 2021 12:52 PM IST
The 30-year-old was playing in the French second division for Caen just six years ago but since then he has been on a remarkable streak of trophy collecting.
Updated on May 30, 2021 10:21 AM IST
Reuters | , Porto, Portugal
- It was a football masterclass from Thomas Tuchel's side as they outwitted and outplayed a brilliant Man City side to win the biggest prize in club football.
Updated on May 30, 2021 09:18 AM IST
- UEFA Champions League Final: The breakthrough, which looked so likely throughout the first-half, came in the 42nd minute as Havertz converted after latching on to a brilliant pass from Mason Mount.
Updated on May 30, 2021 03:51 AM IST
The fans, singing loudly and holding plastic cups of beer, were very largely maskless and did not socially distance, to the annoyance of some locals. In Portugal, masks are still mandatory outside if people cannot observe social distancing.
Published on May 29, 2021 09:56 PM IST
Reuters | , Porto
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola says he "couldn't care less" about the appointment of Spanish referee Antonio Mateu Lahoz for Saturday's Champions League final with Chelsea, despite a public dispute with the official three years ago.
Published on May 24, 2021 10:25 PM IST
Reuters | , Manchester
- He has again notched up excellent numbers but there’s little to suggest that seasons of discontent are over.
Updated on May 19, 2021 10:45 PM IST
By Bhargab Sarmah
Becker, the Liverpool FC goalkeeper, came off his line to head home the match-winner against West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League, and as a result, this 2-1 victory has kept Liverpool's chances of making it to the UEFA Champions League alive.
Published on May 17, 2021 01:31 PM IST
ANI | , New Delhi
The all-English Champions League final will be held in Porto with 12,000 fans from Chelsea and Manchester City, UEFA confirmed Thursday.
Updated on May 13, 2021 05:37 PM IST
- Chelsea and Manchester City are due to meet in the final on May 29 in Istanbul, with around 10,000 fans from the teams due to be allowed in the stadium.
Published on May 07, 2021 10:27 PM IST
AP | , London
UEFA Champions League: Thirteen-times European champions Real Madrid had been second best for much last week's first leg against Chelsea which ended 1-1.
Published on May 06, 2021 02:37 AM IST
- Manchester City beat PSG 2-0 on the night and 4-1 on aggregate in the semifinals to reach the UEFA Champions League final for the first time.
Updated on May 05, 2021 02:38 AM IST
Is Sunday’s Premier League hattrick against Sheffield proof that the Welshman is finally emerging from a hole?
Published on May 03, 2021 08:43 PM IST
By Aditya Iyer (Chief Cricket Writer), New Delhi
- Manchester City defeated PSG 2-1 in the first leg of the 2020/21 UEFA Champions semi-finals.
Published on Apr 29, 2021 08:56 PM IST
By Bhargab Sarmah
- Amid the uproar caused by the derailed Super League, Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane is trying to keep his team on track for two major titles.
Updated on Apr 24, 2021 08:18 AM IST
- The new Super League soccer competition in Europe is, surprisingly, missing the names of Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain.
Published on Apr 19, 2021 04:31 PM IST