Pakistan: 6 siblings charred to death in their sleep
Five sisters and a brother were burnt to death while they were asleep.world Updated: Sep 24, 2017 15:15 IST
Six siblings were on Sunday charred to death after a fire gutted their house in Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, police said.
The fire erupted due to an electric short-circuit, police officials said, citing initial investigations.
Five sisters and a brother were burnt to death while they were asleep, officials were quoted as saying by Dawn news.
The deceased were aged between three to 12, police said, adding that the house was completely destroyed in the fire.
Hamish Gul, the father of the deceased and a resident of Dogdara, told police that his two other family members sustained burn injuries.
First Published: Sep 24, 2017 14:51 IST