Rajasthan: Youth dies as mobile phone explodes during charging | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
May 24, 2017-Wednesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Rajasthan: Youth dies as mobile phone explodes during charging

A 24-year-old youth died after his mobile phone exploded while it was being charged in Korma village under Nainwa police station in Rajasthan, police said.

india Updated: Dec 20, 2014 13:28 IST
Youth dies

A 24-year-old youth died after his mobile phone exploded while it was being charged in Korma village under Nainwa police station in Rajasthan, police said.

Rajulal Gurjar was yesterday using his mobile phone, while it was also put on charging. Suddenly, the mobile battery exploded with a high sound causing him severe burn injuries on chest and hand.

He was rushed in an unconscious state to community health centre (CHC), Nainwa where he was declared brought dead by the doctors.

Dr Samandar Lal Meena, In-charge at Nainwa CHC, who conducted the post-mortem, said that the victim had received severe burn injuries on chest and hands.

The youth died due to electric shock and burn injuries, Meena said, adding the body was handed over to the family members after post-mortem.

Nainwa police said that a case has been registered and investigation is on.