2 out of 3 people who watched Sacred Games were outside of India: Netflix on spreading its content
Netlfix has revealed that its first Indian original series, Sacred Games, was watched by twice as many people outside the country. The streaming giant’s vice president of product, Todd Yellin, shared the figures at Netlfix’s See What’s Next event in Singapore.
“Traditionally, you made something in Bollywood, and the only place is in India. Some people would see it but very few because the distribution wasn’t there. Now, two out of three of our viewers who watched Sacred Games were outside of India, and it did really work in India. But that’s what we want. We want to spread that kinda storytelling for people who love it,” he said at the event.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.
- Sharing how meeting a girl at an education programme led her to discover her bisexuality, Shonali Bose says, 'I hope, the youth today doesn’t have that shame'.
- Film producer Rhea Kapoor got love from a number of Bollywood beauties including Kareena Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Karisma Kapoor on her birthday.