I am still a cinema student: Anurag Basu
Anurag Basu may have superhits like Barfi, Murder and Metro behind him but the director feels he is still a student of cinema and has a long way to go.
He is free after Barfi and wants to dedicate that time to attending film workshops and festivals.
"My last few years have been busy because I was shooting so I couldn't attend any film festival but this I am happy to be at IFFI. This platform brings us close to cinema as a filmmaker and it is good for our own personal growth. I come here as a student," Basu told PTI on the sidelines of the 43rd International Film Festival in Goa.
However, the director is a little disappointed on not seeing many of his Bollywood colleagues at the festival.
"I was very eager to come here because I thought I would meet a lot of colleagues as we are celebrating 100 years of Indian cinema but I am a little disappointed as not many of them are here. I thought I will meet people from fraternity to celebrate. People who are sitting in Mumabi free should have come. It's a big thing to miss," he added.
Talking about "Barfi", which is India's nomination for the Oscar in the best foreign film category, Basu said it was too early to hope anything.
"I will announce it as big achievement when it is nominated. It is just India's nomination and I know so many things have been written about it but I think it doesn't deserve so much of attention because it is just at an initial stage. I will keep my fingers crossed for Oscars," he added.
Basu is currently working on several scripts but has not finalized on one yet. He has given himself a December 14 deadline to land a another directing job.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Janhvi Kapoor, who will be seen next in Roohi, said that viewers are not 'obligated' to love her and the onus is on her to give them a reason to. She added that she is working hard to win everyone over.
- Priyanka Chopra and her pet dog Diana are soaking up the sun in London, where the actor is shooting for the Amazon series Citadel, in which she plays a spy.
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram and revealed that she and her mother Amrita Singh visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on Friday.
- Parineeti Chopra shared a new song - Matlabi Yariyan - from her upcoming film, The Girl On The Train. The actor has sung the soulful ballad. Watch here.
- Sara Ali Khan and her mother Amrita Singh were seen twinning in green at Mumbai airport on Thursday. See their pictures here.
- Sharmila Tagore had once talked about how Kareena Kapoor had her birthday when Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi was hospitalised but chose not to draw attention towards herself.
- Mumbai Saga trailer has John Abraham and Emraan Hashmi locking horns with Mumbai streets as the arena. Watch the trailer here.
- Pulkit Samrat shared a funny picture of himself and his beauty regimen and credited girlfriend Kriti Kharbanda for it. See her response here.