Kareena Kapoor to dance on Kolaveri Di
Tonight, Kareena Kapoor will set the stage ablaze with her south Indian act. For her performance at the Apsara Awards, the actor will perform to a medley of chartbusters like Nakka Mukka (Kadhalil Vizhundhen), Ringa Ringa (Arya 2) and the latest, Kolaveri Di… (3).
The first of the aforementioned tracks was included in The Dirty Picture, and filmed on Vidya Balan. The last, sung by actor Dhanush, has become a rage across the country over the last few months. And the second track inspired Salman Khan’s hit, Dhinka Chika (Ready).
“It’s for the first time that Kareena will perform to such a mix. No other female actor has attempted an act with Kolaveri Di at a popular award show. She’s putting in a lot of hard work for her performance,” a member of the organising committee lets in.
“Today, cinema from across the board is becoming one. The idea is to present a unified face of Indian cinema without any tags attached. Kareena’s performance will show that we can cut across languages,” beams Sabbas Joseph of Wizcraft. “If a leading lady like her does something, it’s appreciated all the more. Kareena loved the idea when we approached her.”
Besides the Agent Vinod actor, Band Baaja Baraat’s leading lady Anushka Sharma will also perform to a host of songs along with TV actors. Her performance will include different dance forms like lezhim, hip-hop and Bollywood freestyle. Her co-dancers include Nandish Sandhu, Sushant Singh and Shabbir Ahluwalia.
Also, Ameesha Patel will present an act incorporating the recent item numbers like Chikni Chameli (Agneepath), Ooh La La (The Dirty Picture) and Madhubala (Mere Brother Ki Dulhan).
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, urged Sushant Singh Rajput's fans to stop blaming her and said that no one knows her side of the story. She also revealed that she went through depression.
- Sanjay Dutt introduced fans to his new look in a family portrait shared by his wife Maanayata Dutt. He could be seen sporting bleached hair in the photo.
- Priyanka Chopra said that while she gets a lot of love and protectiveness from her South Asian fans, there are a lot of people from the community who are negative about her.
- Actor Rahul Bose has reacted to Anil Kapoor's story about almost killing him while shooting a scene for Dil Dhadakne Do.
- 83 will explore the dynamic between Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev, actor Tahir Raj Bhasin has teased. Ranveer Singh plays Kapil in the upcoming sports drama, directed by Kabir Khan.
- After wearing a T-shirt with 'let's smash patriarchy' printed on it just ahead of her arrest last year, Rhea Chakraborty made a fresh statement with her clothes on Sunday, by wearing a hoodie with 'Man up' written on it.
- Arjun Kapoor and Malaika Arora were spotted at Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan's residence in Mumbai on Sunday. During his visit, Arjun was captured scolding a photographer for climbing the wall of Kareena's building.
- Actor Kareena Kapoor Khan has shared the first picture of herself after becoming a mother for the second time. "Missed you all," she wrote. See the picture here.
- Alia Bhatt is also a producer now. The Gangubai Kathiawadi actor shared the news and said how she intends to tell happy and real tales.
- Amitabh Bachchan's granddaughter Navya Naveli Nanda shared new pictures with her friends. See them here.