Manushi Chhillar on Bollywood: I’ll definitely want to work in an Aamir Khan film
Miss World Manushi Chhillar says she would love to work in an Aamir Khan film as the superstar is known to make socially-relevant movies. Manushi was recently crowned Miss World 2017 at a grand event held in Sanya, China. The medical student from Haryana said she finds all the actors in Bollywood beautiful but Aamir and former Miss World Priyanka Chopra are her favourites.
“I’ll definitely want to work in an Aamir Khan film. I think he has some really challenging roles that he gives you. At the same time, his movies have a message and a connect to the society. So it’ll be very interesting to do. In the actresses, my favourite is Priyanka Chopra,” she told reporters here.
Interestingly, the coveted title was last won by Priyanka for India in 2000, just a year after Yukta Mookhey brought the crown home. Manushi, a 20-year-old medical student from Haryana, had won Femina Miss India World 2017 in May this year.
When asked if she has Bollywood plans up next, she said the film industry was not on her mind right now. “I am very excited how this year will turn out. I’ll be travelling, visiting continents. We will be spreading awareness about menstrual hygiene where I’ll be joined by my other Miss World sisters. That’s what I am excited about right now. Bollywood is something which isn’t on my mind as of now. I really can’t say anything about it,” she added.
Manushi said in the initial weeks of the beauty pageant, several contestants thought her to be an actor. “In the first week of the pageant they thought I was a Bollywood actress. But jokes apart, we all are very similar. We didn’t have any pre conceived notions about each other. We go there with a fresh mind, there’s a lot of curiosity to know each other,” she said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Tiger Shroff, mom Ayesha Shroff, sister Krishna Shroff and rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani came together for the actor's birthday dinner.
- Shraddha Kapoor turns 34 on Wednesday and to celebrate we are revisiting the time she told her father, Shakti Kapoor, how proud she was of him.
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.