Neena Gupta celebrates Badhaai Ho’s National Film Awards: ‘We got 3 awards for Ayushmann Khurrana hume apna lagta hai’
It’s a day of celebration for the Indian film industry. The 66th National Film Awards were announced on Friday and several actors, directors and other members of the film community took to social media to react to their big wins or congratulate their colleagues.
Neena Gupta, whose film Badhaai Ho was adjudged the best popular film providing wholesome entertainment at the National Film Awards, reacted with a ‘Yes!’. “Yes I am very happy, I had forgotten the National Film Awards weren’t held till now. They are late this time because of elections. Suddenly I came to know about them from Twitter and I couldn’t believe it we got two awards...three awards in a way. I will say three because Ayushmann bhi hume apna hi lagta hai, who got the Best Actor for Andhadhun. I am so happy,” she told Hindustan Times in an interview.
Actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar tweeted his congratulations to all winners. “Congratulations to all recipients of the #NationalAward .. many of them friends and colleagues.. could not be happier for them. Well done. Shine On,” he wrote in his tweet.
Sonam Kapoor, whose film Padman won Best Film on Social Issues, wrote “Oh my god!! Yayyy!”. The film was based on the true story of Arunachalam Muruganantham, played by Akshay Kumar. The film also starred Radhika Apte and told the story of a man who made cheap sanitary napkins for women.
Bollywood emerged as a major winner at the 66th National Film Awards, which were rescheduled due to the Lok Sabha elections in May. Aditya Dhar won the Best Director award for his debut Uri: The Surgical Strike while Andhadhun also won awards for best Hindi film and best adapted screenplay.
Actor Keerthy Suresh won the best actress award for her portrayal of yesteryear star Savitri in Telugu film Mahanati. Surekha Sikri bagged the best supporting actress for her role of a cantankerous matriarch in Badhaai Ho.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan were visited on Wednesday evening by Karisma Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora, Manish Malhotra and Natasha Poonawalla.
- Karan Johar and Manish Malhotra arrived at Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor's residence and posed together for the paparazzi. Malaika Arora and sister Amrita also visited the couple.
- Twinkle Khanna shared a funny experience from her recent doctor's visit and joked about being a 'long-standing member of Giri Hui Aurat Club'.
- Hema Malini, who will be seen as a guest in an upcoming episode of Indian Idol 12, opened up about how her father tried to keep her away from Dharmendra.
- Tamannaah Bhatia is currently in Jaipur, enjoying the pre-wedding functions of her best friend Hanna Khan. See pictures from sangeet and mehendi ceremonies.
- Bhumi Pednekar's sea-facing apartment in Mumbai features a potpourri of elements, including a beautiful garden, a grand chandelier and a small filmy spot.
- Director Sooni Taraporevala has clarified that her accusations of plagiarism against the creatives behind an apparel ad have nothing to do with Deepika Padukone, who was featured in it.
- Tiger Shroff is among the most successful young stars. In an old interview, he had explained why buying a house for his parents was his most heroic act, off the screen.
- Kangana Ranaut alleged that no architect is willing to restore her office in Mumbai after it was partially demolished by the BMC last year, as they are being threatened with cancellation of their licenses.