On The Kapil Sharma Show, Seema Pahwa jokes Manoj Pahwa has ‘lost respect’ at his in-laws’ house, watch video
Actor Seema Pahwa, who made her directorial debut with Ramprasad Ki Tehrvi, went on The Kapil Sharma Show to promote the film with her husband, actor Manoj Pahwa, and the rest of the cast. She teased him about the respect he commands at his in-laws’ house.
In a short video shared by Sony TV on Instagram, host Kapil Sharma told Manoj that he is on the show quite often and joked that he probably does not go to his in-laws’ house as much as he comes on the show.
“Aap log itna pyaar dete hai, itni izzat dete hai, mann karta hai baar baar aane ka (You all give me so much love and respect that I feel like coming again and again),” Manoj said. Seema jumped in to poke fun at him and joked, “Dekh lo, zyada mat aao, yahaan bhi izzat kum ho jayegi sasural ki tarah (Don’t come here too much, or you will lose respect here as well, just like it happened at your in-laws’ house).”
Ramprasad Ki Tehrvi is the first film of 2021 to hit the theatres, amid the Covid-19 pandemic. It boasts of an ensemble cast including Manoj, Naseeruddin Shah, Vinay Pathak, Vikrant Massey, Konkona Sensharma, Parambrata Chattopadhyay, Supriya Pathak and Brijendra Kala.
The Hindustan Times review called it a ‘great watch’. “While Pahwa’s attempt at direction is laudable, it’s the writing that falters at many places. Several jokes fall flat but there are instances where subtle humour makes you giggle, however short-lived that giggle may be. RPKT is a film that you’ll find relatable. It gets you emotional without getting too intense,” the review said.
Manoj and Seema, who starred together in their debut television show Hum Log, got married in 1988. They have a son, Mayank, and a daughter, Manukriti.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
Akshay Oberoi: Acting is not a sport or a game, you’re just competing with yourself and your last performance
- Called a 'truly clueless, uneducated, stupid human being' on Twitter, Kangana Ranaut said that her tweets are intended for 'high IQ people'.
- Babil Khan got emotional as he stumbled upon old messages from his father, the late Irrfan Khan, while deleting unnecessary texts from his phone.
- Hrithik Roshan, in an interview in 2017, said that he was at a good place in his life and was not thinking about getting married again. He was previously married to Sussanne Khan.
- Parineeti Chopra reminisced about many of her firsts in a new video for Netflix India. Watch it here.
- Bipasha Basu and her husband, Karan Singh Grover, have been keeping their fans updated with their adventures in the Maldives. See their pictures here.
- Milind Soman and his wife, Ankita Konwar, took to Instagram on Saturday to celebrate seven years of their relationship. See the pictures here.
- Actor Priyanka Chopra on Saturday passed on her best wishes to the current Miss India contestants, and reminisced about winning the crown two decades ago.
- Ranvir Shorey was asked by a fan if his leg fracture was caused by too much happy dancing after recovering from Covid-19. See his reply here.
- Shilpa Shetty, who is currently vacationing in Maldives, shared another stunning picture of herself. See it here.