Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas’ engagement look is as traditional Indian as can be
Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas’s gorgeous new engagement photos are out, and we couldn’t help but be instantly drawn to the soon-to-be-married couple’s choice of festive Indian wear for their daytime roka ceremony and puja on Saturday. Take a closer look at Priyanka and Nick’s understated, romantic and comfortable ensembles:
Priyanka’s vibrant lemon yellow engagement anarkali embellished with beads and embroidery comes from designer label Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla, and was accessorised perfectly with her huge, sparkly engagement ring. ICYMI, yellow is Bollywood’s favourite colour right now. Priyanka accessorised the outfit with shoulder-grazing earrings, and opted for voluminous waves and subtle smoky eyes.
We love that Priyanka took advantage of the festive occasion to show off Indian ethnic wear, but Nick’s choice of clothing — a crisp ivory long-sleeved kurta pyjama — also shows how respectful he is to Indian culture. It’s safe to say that Nick’s easy-going attitude is indicative of his comfort with Priyanka.
Priyanka and Nick’s fashion-forward choice has us falling that much more in love with the two of them as a couple, but we can’t help but wonder — is Priyanka’s designer choice for her engagement a hint at who will work with her on her wedding-day ensemble? While we aren’t sure in our suspicions as of yet, this unique choice for his engagement has us speculating: Will Nick wear a traditional Indian sherwani for his imminent wedding with Priyanka?
The Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas roka ceremony is a private affair with only the family and some close friends present. According to reports, the traditional engagement ceremony will be followed by an engagement party in the evening that will begin late.
When Priyanka met Nick, watch how the east meets west love story unfolded:
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Vidya Balan has said that it has taken her time to accept her body because, at one point in her life, she used to hate it.
- Kangana Ranaut, who earlier accused Vikas Bahl of inappropriate behaviour, thanked him for turning her career around with Queen. She said that he 'played a very significant role' in shaping her destiny.
- Shahid Kapoor aced the Centre of Gravity challenge, much to the surprise of his wife Mira Rajput, who called him a 'smooth operator'. Watch the video here.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has reaffirmed her wish to reconcile with the actor in a new interview, adding that she is ready to mend her ties with his brother Shamas.
- Rhea Kapoor dedicated an adorable Instagram post to her boyfriend Karan Boolani. She shared pictures of her showering him with kisses. See his reply here.
- Taimur Ali Khan was photographed in Mumbai on Sunday. The star kid was seen out with his father Saif Ali Khan and half-sister Sara Ali Khan.
- Sara Ali Khan shared two new pictures from brother Ibrahim's birthday party. More pictures were shared by one of Ibrahim's friends.
- Anupam Kher, who turned a year older on Sunday, shared a video from his birthday 'pawri' with his 'best friends'. Watch it here.
- Actor Vidya Balan has recalled feeling worried about how her family would react to The Dirty Picture. She revealed her mother and father's immediate reaction to the film.