Secret nod to Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai in the name of Abhishek Bachchan’s kabaddi team
Abhishek Bachchan has revealed that there is a personal connect behind the name of his kabaddi team, Jaipur Pink Panthers. He said he was inspired by his father, wife and daughter to name the team.
In a press conference, Abhishek let it drop how Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Aaradhya figure in the name. “Whatever work I do in life, I feel it should have a personal connect. When I was little, my father used to call me out saying ‘Tiger’ then after a few years I thought even I should call him something as an answer. One day when he came back home from shooting, he asked me ‘How are you tiger? I replied,’ I am fine Panther. How are you?’ and I was 4-5 years old then. Since then it became like a fun thing, he used to call me Tiger, I used to call him Panther. If there was an animal that we wanted to choose, I was sure that it was Panther because that is how I used to call my father,” he said.
He went on to say that pink is daughter Aaradhya’s favorite colour. “So I thought that Pink and Panther would be nice. My wife Aishwarya has worked in the film Pink Panther 2 with Steve Martin, so that’s a connect to Aishwarya. Jaipur was the city, Aishwarya and I came together in, so that’s why Jaipur. If you see, our Pink Panther has blue-green eyes which are the same as my wife’s. So there is a personal connect to everything about Jaipur Pink Panthers,” he said.
A docu series, Sons of The Soil : Jaipur Pink Panthers will present the journey of the team. The Amazon Prime series is called Kabaddi Kabaddi.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Chaitanya Tamhane's The Disciple, which opened to critical acclaim at the Venice and Toronto film festivals, has been nominated in the Best International Film category at the 36th annual Independent Spirit Awards. Adarsh Gourav has been nominated for Best Male Lead, for The White Tiger.
- Amitabh Bachchan showed off his new Covid-19 mask on social media, and his grandchildren -- Navya and Agastya Nanda -- couldn't get enough of it.
- Producer Boney Kapoor and his Maidaan director, Amit Sharma, are miffed about RRR potentially clashing with their film at the box office.
- Hrithik Roshan has shared a rare picture with ex-brother-in-law Zayed Khan, who accompanied him on a hike. See the picture here.
- Designer Manish Malhotra has shared a behind-the-scenes video of Varun Dhawan getting fitted for his wedding with Natasha Dalal. Watch the video here.
- Shah Rukh Khan's wife, Gauri Khan, has shared a throwback photo from Paris, leaving Maheep Kapoor and Malaika Arora in awe.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut, in an incendiary video, has called for everybody who supported the 'so-called' farmers' protests to be jailed.
- "The whole world is laughing at us today," Kangana Ranaut wrote in a new tweet, targeting Diljit Dosanjh and Priyanka Chopra.