Tamannaah Bhatia on reports of buying sea-facing apartment at double price: ‘I am a Sindhi, how can I pay double?’
Actor Tamannaah Bhatia, who was recently seen in Prabhudheva’s Khamoshi, has replaced Mouni Roy opposite Nawazuddin Siddiqui in Bole Chudiyan and the Baahubali star has claimed she had no clue Mouni was a part of the film.
Speaking with Mumbai Mirror in an interview, Tamannaah said, “It’s okay, I’ve been around long enough to know that there are times when actors and makers are not creatively on the same page and then it is best to part ways. I didn’t dig in too much because I make my own associations.”
Talking about the film, she added, “I was looking for a challenging role and as soon as I heard this story, I knew that I had to be a part of it. Also, it’s an opportunity to collaborate with an actor like Nawaz. Ours is a socially relevant film but without being preachy. Most women will be able to connect with my character.” Directed by Nawazuddin’s brother and first time director Shamas, the film is a romantic story.
Recalling the reports that she bought a lavish sea-facing apartment in Versova at double the price, Tamannaah said she even got a phone call from her Hindi teacher about the same. “I told him, I’m Sindhi, how can I pay double the price for an apartment? After a while it became embarrassing as people kept asking about it. I have bought a house, but I did not pay double for it. My parents and I will move into it once the house is ready. I just want it to be a simple, artistic house with an earthy look,” she told the tabloid.
Apart from Bole Chudiyan, Tamannaah also has the Tamil remake of Mahi V Raghav’s Anando Brahma and the Telugu remake of Kangana Ranaut’s Queen .
She will also be seen alongside Chiranjeevi and Amitabh Bachchan in the period drama Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy where Chiranjeevi plays freedom fighter Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy. “After Bahubali, this one is another pan-India film with actors from Kannada, Tamil, Telugu and Hindi cinema. I wasn’t keen on doing another period film, but when I heard the script, I jumped at the offer. Unfortunately, Amit ji and I don’t share screen space ,” she told Mumbai Mirror.
She also claimed to be in touch with Baahubali stars Prabhas and Rana Daggubati: “I’m in touch with Prabhas and Rana (Daggubati), besides being on a Baahubali WhatsApp group where we post memes and updates.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.