3 weight loss hacks for women
There is never a time in most women’s lives when weight loss is not a concern. That’s due to the many hormonal changes that take place over time, from menarche when the cycles first begin, to pregnancy and post pregnancy, and finally menopause. Try these hacks
Make protein your best friend
Protein has a number of benefits for women, including improvement in metabolism.
* The branched chain amino acids in whey protein are absorbed well by muscles and aid in muscle recovery, leading to tighter arm and abdomen muscles.
* Protein protects the bone. This is very important after menopause, when bone loss can lead to weak bones and old-age fractures.
Consume liver detox herbs
The liver is the seat of weight loss. If this organ does not break down the fat in the body, you cannot lose fat or weight.
* Drink tulsi, ginger and turmeric green tea three times a day.
* Drink 30ml aloe vera juice on an empty stomach daily.
* Drink a decoction of organic turmeric once a day.
Combine soluble and insoluble fibres
Take these two combinations on alternate nights to remove fat from the body and aid weight loss:
* Half a teaspoon of oat bran (lightly roasted) with half a teaspoon of organic triphala powder in hot water.
* Half a teaspoon of toasted bran powder with half a teaspoon of organic triphala powder in hot water.
From HT Brunch, February 17, 2019
Follow us on twitter.com/HTBrunch
Connect with us on facebook.com/hindustantimesbrunch