Amazon India to host the fourth edition of its ‘Small Business Day’ sale
Amazon India will host the fourth edition of its Small Business Day (SBD) 2020 on Saturday. The sale will commence from midnight of December 12 and will continue till 11:59pm on the same day. Manish Tiwary, vice president Amazon India, said in a statement that the company is “committed to supporting over seven lakh sellers to continue the momentum built over the past months through various sale events. With the upcoming small Business Day they want to create an opportunity for SMB sellers and B2B sellers to generate greater customer demand, revenue and end the year on a positive note.”
Here’s everything you need to know about Amazon’s Small Business Day sale 2020:
1. The online event will offer customers the opportunity to discover and purchase products from startups, women entrepreneurs, artisans and weavers, mostly local shops.
2. The aim of the event is to support small businesses so that they can sustain their business growth.
3. Products across categories including work from home essentials, safety and hygiene supplies, wall decor, eco-friendly products, kitchenware, sports essential etc will be available for the customers, according to a statement by Amazon India.
4. Amazon India will be giving a one-day cashback offer of 10 per cent on digital payments for customers.
5. Amazon India has also tied up with ICICI bank to offer a 10 per cent instant discount on credit and debit card transactions.
6. Amazon Business customers can avail an exclusive business customer only cashback of 10 per cent and additional savings on GST input tax credit, bulk discounts and business exclusive deals on a wide range of products.
7. A similar event was also held on June 27 this year in which close to 45,000 sellers received orders and over 2,600 sellers witnessed their highest sales ever, according to a statement by Amazon India.
8. In addition to Small Business Day, Amazon India has been celebrating All India Handicrafts Week 2020 which started on December 8, 2020, and will end on December 14, 2020.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In an interaction with members of the Indian Women’s Press Corps (IWPC), Sitharaman said that consumer sentiment about the tax burden on auto fuel was understandable.
- Nearly 1.1 million vaccine doses were administered to people above the age of 60 and those in the 45-59 age group till Thursday.
- Mohapatra said the idea came during Modi’s meeting with Marriott International president and chief executive Arne Sorenson, who complained about the complex regulations in starting and running a hotel in India.
- ICICI Bank’s move comes days after rival lenders such as State Bank of India (SBI), Kotak Mahindra Bank and Housing Development Finance Corp. Ltd cut their home loan rates.
- These votes will have to be disclosed to unit holders under existing regulations. Voting will be at the MF level (rather than scheme level).
- Supply of vehicles from Maruti Suzuki India Ltd—as part of the alliance with Suzuki Motor Corp—has helped Toyota increase its domestic market share in the premium hatchback and entry-level SUV segment, where it was not present before.
- The top three states by GVA were Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Tamil Nadu. They had a share of 41% in the total GVA. Rural India added nearly as much GVA (49%) as urban India (51%).
- Using average consumption shares to calculate the burden of an indirect tax has a problem.
- Retail buyers continued to purchase gold in India as prices declined to a near one-year low.