Rajasthan: Five members of family killed after car rams into parked truck
In a tragic incident, five members of a family were killed in a road accident after their car rammed into a parked truck in Ahore area of Jalore district in Rajasthan on Tuesday.
Station House Officer, Ahore, Nirajan Pratap Singh said the accident occurred in Sedaria village on NH-325 late on Monday night when a speeding car rammed into a parked truck carrying granite stone blocks.
Police said the deceased were from a family and residents of Charle village of the district. It is learnt that the five had gone for dinner near Takhatgarh and the incident occurred when they were retur.
The deceased were identified as Ram Lal Prajapat (23), Manaram Sargara (30), Kamlesh Prajapat (24), Chhaganlal Prajapat (24) and Dinesh Kumar Prajapat (24).
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot, former CM Vasundhara Raje expressed grief over the incident.
“The road accident in Jalore, Rajasthan is very sad. I express my condolences to the families of those who have lost their lives. May God give them strength in this hour of pain,” PM Modi tweeted.
CM Gehlot also expressed his condolences and posted the same on his official Twitter account.
“The death of 5 people in a road accident near Charli village in Ahor area in Jalore is extremely sad. My deepest condolences to the bereaved family. May God give them strength to bear this loss and may the soul of the departed rest in peace,” Gehlot tweeted.
Taking to Twitter, former Rajasthan CM Vasundhara Raje expressed grief over the tragedy.
Come October, commuters headed to Pune from Thane and Borivali will have a low-cost, yet comfortable transport facility. The Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation is planning to replace the iconic Shivneri buses on this route with electric Shivai buses. However, the Shivneri buses will continue to ply between Dadar and Pune. Currently, Shivneri buses charge ₹450 per passenger.
Mumbai: Blame it on the long weekend and travel plans or students refusing to alter their college preference, just 20% first-year junior college (FYJC) aspirants from the second merit list have confirmed admissions until Monday. College principals have attributed this low admission acceptance to students travelling during the long weekend. The second merit list was released by the office of the deputy director of education (DyDE) on August 12, where 69,691 students were allotted seats.
Mumbai: A 33-year-old man allegedly killed hMukhtar'swife by strangulating her over a trivial issue in wee hours on Sunday and fled from the house. JJ Marg police have launched a manhunt for him. According to the police, the deceased was identified as Manzila Shaikh, 30, who was staying in Imamwada area along JJ Marg along with her husband, Sukhchand Shaikh alias Mukhtar, 33.
A total of 1,436 trees in the Dahanu forest range, in Palghar district, are proposed to be felled to make way for the upcoming Mumbai-Ahmedabad Bullet Train. The 1,400 odd trees are located on 22 hectares of forest land across three villages (Betegaon, Valva and Shigaon) in Palghar. The proposal was considered by the REC on August 10.
Police have registered a case after a 34-year-old typist from Malad East alleged that he received calls from Nepal and Bangladesh, threatening him to post his morphed photographs on social media if he failed to repay the loan money which he had not even applied for. The man also claimed that his morphed photos had been sent to the people on his phone contact list from two numbers - 880-1815309879 (Bangladesh) and 977-9880176174 (Nepal).