Light rains, thundershowers in parts of UP; forecast for dry weather tomorrow
Very light to light rains/thundershowers occurred at isolated places in Uttar Pradesh in the past 24 hours, the Meteorological office said on Wednesday.
Thunderstorms lashed a few places over western UP, they said, adding that dense to very dense fog occurred at isolated places in the same region.
Day temperatures rose appreciably in Prayagraj and Jhansi divisions while there was no large change in the remaining divisions of the state.
They were appreciably above normal in Moradabad, Agra, Meerut divisions; above normal in Varanasi, Lucknow, Bareilly divisions; below normal in Jhansi division and normal in the remaining divisions of the state.
The minimum temperature in the state was 7.4 degrees Celsius at Muzaffarnagar while the maximum temperature at 30.5 degrees Celsius was recorded at Varanasi.
The department has forecast that the weather is likely to remain dry with shallow to moderate fog very likely in the morning at isolated places over eastern UP and the weather is most likely to be dry over western parts of the state on Thursday.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A three-year-old suffering from acute intestinal obstruction underwent two surgeries at a private hospital before being referred to the government-run children’s hospital. She died a few days later.
- The survivor’s family members came to know about the assault when she conceived a child, said a relative of the woman.
- Rai said that door-to-door collection of funds for the Ram Temple construction has also been stopped.
- "On the occasion of International Women's Day on March 8, women will be given free entry to Chhota Imambara, Bada Imambara and Picture Gallery in the city," the notification read.
- The incident came into light after the NCPCR wrote to the collector of Prayagraj after it received reports of the girl’s death after her parents could not deposit the money required for her treatment at United Medicity Hospital in the city.
- A meeting of cops and village watchmen was held at the Soraon police station on Wednesday in this regard.
- The budget session of UP legislature began on February 18 and was scheduled to end with the passing of the budget on March 10.
- Jayant called upon farmers to show their unity to the government, which he alleged was trying to “disgrace and defame” the movement against the farm laws.
- An excise department official said that besides checking suspicious dhabas along the highways, the stock available at excise shops will be verified in the drive against illicit liquor trade.