Sachin Tendulkar helps in treatment of underprivileged kids across six states
Cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar has helped in providing treatment to 100 underprivileged children across six states - Maharashtra, West Bengal, Assam, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, and Andhra Pradesh amid the COVID-19 pandemic. This partnership is with a foundation called Ekam, and is targeted at children receiving treatment in government and trust hospitals.
Children from underprivileged families, suffering from critical ailments and those who cannot afford to follow up on their elective medical costs, got the support from Tendulkar’s foundation.
Earlier this month, Tendulkar had supported Makunda Hospital in Assam’s Karimganj district with paediatric equipments . This is expected to benefit more than 2000 children every year.
Tendulkar had also participated in an initiative with UNICEF on World Children’s Day, encouraging children to play a key part in shaping the future of the world.
“The association with Mr Sachin Tendulkar through his foundation has been very fruitful and Sachin has done some very good work in the healthcare space. The association has worked towards providing quality health care for the underprivileged,” Ameeta Chatterjee, Managing Partner, Ekam Foundation said.
Earlier this month, Tendulkar had supported Makunda Hospital in Assam’s Karimganj district with paediatric equipments.This is expected to benefit more than 2000 children every year.Tendulkar had also participated in an initiative with UNICEF on World Children’s Day, encouraging children to play a key part in shaping the future of the world.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sundar and Thakur’s knocks were lauded by the entire cricketing fraternity with former Australia all-rounder Tom Moody highly impressed with their rearguard.
- India vs Australia: Each wicket is special for Hazlewood but the fast bowler is highly content with one dismissal in particular.
- The South Africa squad, which includes 21 players, underwent their first Covid-19 tests soon after landing on Saturday.
- A decision on Ranji Trophy was expected to be taken in the meeting on Sunday but the members could not find a consensus.
- India vs Australia: Shardul Thakur danced down the wicket to Nathan Lyon and dispatched the off-spinner over the ropes.
- India vs Australia: Stronger teams have toured Australia, few as brave as this bunch.
- India vs Australia: Shardul Thakur's innings, on expected lines, seemingly got under the skin of Australia, with the fast bowler explaining that the opposition reacted by chirping away a few words at him.