COVID-19: Hindu College alumni provide over ₹13 lakh to help students
The Old Students Association (OSA) of Hindu College in New Delhi has disbursed grants worth over ₹13 lakh to students of their alma mater who are facing financial difficulties due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
"Education should not be hindered due to corona. We all can understand the financial condition of our college students so we want to reach out and help them. All students are the future of the country, they are all like our own family members. Today, we have many challenges around the world, if education reaches everyone, then we can meet all the challenges together," OSA president Ravi Burman said.
"In the first batch of Pandemic Study Grants the OSA already had given the grant to 35 students totaling to ₹6,16,196. In the second list, we are giving the Pandemic Study Grant to 45 Students totaling to Rs.7,72,662. These selected students are being notified individually and will get the fee paid amounts directly transferred into their bank accounts shortly," he said.
"This brings the total pandemic study grants disbursed to 80 Students till date totaling to ₹13.88 lakh," he added.
To offset the challenges of online classes and providing learning aids to the students, the OSA is also in the process of procuring used laptops in working condition and will be distributing them among needy students.
Several colleges are setting up funds to support students during the pandemic, especially after a student of LSR College died by suicide allegedly over financial constraints in continuing her education.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Interested candidates can check the schedule for UP JEE 2021 online at jeecup.nic.in.
- UPPRB Recruitment 2021: Once the application process started, interested and eligible candidates will be able to apply for the positions online at uppbpb.gov.in on or before April 30, 2021.
- BPSC 66th prelims answer key 2021: Candidates who have appeared in Bihar Re-CCE 2021 can download the prelims answer key online at bpsc.bih.nic.in.
- The declaration of result for class 10 annual regular (Kashmir) students is likely to take a few more days.
- The state board exams are usually held in March, but had been postponed to April this year, due to the pandemic.
- Candidates can submit their forms online at cbse.gov.in.
- ICSI CS results 2020: Candidates who have appeared in the ICSI CS Executive exams 2020 can check their results online at icsi.edu.
- Over all the paper was moderate to easy; Today, the paper was balanced and almost all topics were covered in every subject.