Vicky Kaushal unveils The Immortal Ashwatthama posters on 2 years of Uri-The Surgical Strike
On the second anniversary of his biggest hit, Uri - The Surgical Strike, Vicky Kaushal has unveiled the first posters of his next film The Immortal Ashwatthama with director Aditya Dhar. The film is pitched as a futuristic sci-fi thriller, based on a character from the chapter of Mahabharata.
Sharing two posters of the film on Twitter, Vicky wrote, "Overwhelmed and ecstatic ! On the 2nd anniversary of 'URI-The Surgical Strike' , the team gives you a glimpse into the world of #TheImmortalAshwatthama. Cannot wait to get onto this journey with the dream team of @AdityaDharFilms @RonnieScrewvala @RSVPMovies @soniakanwar22."
2018 film Uri: The Surgical Strike marked Aditya Dhar’s directorial debut and went on to win three National Film Awards. While Vicky was honoured with a National Award for his performance, Aditya won the award for his direction.
Vicky Kaushal calls The Immortal Ashwatthama the biggest film of his career. He said, “Ashwatthama is Aditya’s dream project and it required the backing of a visionary like Ronnie (Screwvala) to bring this spectacle to audiences . It’s going to be a new space for me as an actor , exploring the newest form of technology alongside acting. Can’t wait to start the journey soon with this wonderful team.”
Aditya said, “We are all overwhelmed with the love that Uri has received over the last two years, and of course, with that love comes an added responsibility of living upto the expectations for our next collaborative venture. On Ashwatthama, we are working hard to create a visual spectacle that audiences across India would have never seen before. I promise, this would not just be a film, but an experience. More than the pressure, I am taking this film as a responsibility of telling this epic story, in the way it is meant to be told, and I hope, audiences shower the same love to Ashwatthama, as they did to Uri.”
Producer Ronnie Screwvala added, “Every film has its own journey, however, when the team of a National Award Winning Cum blockbuster film that has been as loved as URI comes together, the expections are bound to be high. It’s high on story telling, deep in characters and revering in the world & visual effects. Language is not a barrier for this movie. We roll this year. I can’t wait to see Aditya’s vision translate to this spectacle on screen. I have to say this is by far the most ambitious movie I have attempted and we would love to see this one reach out to the widest audiences in India and around the world."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In an interview with Hindustan Times, Sharib Hashmi talks about The Family Man season 2, the experience of working with Kangana Ranaut on Dhaakad and more.
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.