Bring on the pantsuits and bright colours! 80s fashion is making a comeback
History repeats itself, and the fashion industry is surely a proof. And as the fashion trends recycle themselves, the dashing 1980s remain unbroken with clothing and accessories inspiring that period graced nearly every runway during fashion week. According to media reports, bright colours, light-wash jeans, fanny packs or pantsuits, it was all about reliving ‘80s’ biggest and boldest styles this spring season.
Pantsuits: Former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton could be credited to bring the pantsuits in fashion, who made it the biggest trend this spring. Major brands like Gucci and Dior showcased matching trouser sets on the runway bringing the style back in fashion. Where on one hand the Gucci versions were bright and patterned, the Dior looks are more sophisticated.
Puffy shoulders: Neutral blouses with either huge shoulders or puffy sleeves were a common sight at the runway this time. Simple blouses with either huge shoulders or puffy sleeves were visible in the collection of Designers like Isabel Marant.
Sneakers: Chunky, platform sneakers paired with both skirts and ballgowns ruled the runway and were seen at the show of various designers including Louis Vuitton.
Fanny packs: Fanny Packs or ‘belt-bags’ which was much in fashion in 20’s also made a comeback, with designers like Balenciaga with their sleek, modern interpretations.
Belts: Thick, chunky belts are back, which was replaced by a thin is back in trend. Donned over skirts, dresses, even puffer jackets, this trend is surely here to stay.
Bright colours: Bright, bold spring colours were a common sight at the runway, especially with Versace. Neon hues, with block patterns, were also a very popular sight.
Tucked-in shirts: The era of the tucked-in-shirt is back. Both men and women fashion shirts were tucked in this year’s show.
Purple: The bright, funky is trending again, this spring season.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Priyanka Chopra recently took to Twitter and showed fans her new silver-framed spectacles. However, it was her stunning green well-fitted shirt that garnered all the attention.
- Shilpa Shetty is currently holidaying in the Maldives and giving us sartorial goals. The fashionista recently wore a gorgeous pink and yellow pleated saree dress worth ₹25k and looked absolutely fantastic.
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, who are expecting their second child together, made a surprise appearance at a recent virtual event. It was her gorgeous citrus print summer dress that stole the show.
- Bipasha Basu floods the Internet with sultry pictures straight from the Maldives beach in a black bikini layered with a barely buttoned-down cinnamon blue and ivory striped silk shirt dress which is a closet must-have for a summer or fall day | Check pictures and fashion cues inside
- Hello sunshine: Gauahar Khan adds all the missing beauty to our day with her ravishing pictures in a mesmerising mustard lehenga set with gota korpatti embroidery and we guess we have already found our fashion hero to take style cues from, for the next ethnic event this Spring
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra flaunts her summer body at the Maldives in a sultry leopard-print bikini and the Internet can’t keep calm, recreates her own filmy ‘shut up and bounce’ moment | Watch