Office clothing: Trendy and comfortable remain the golden thumb rule
When it comes to office wear, stick to formal wear -- pencil skirts for women, formal shirt, blazers and pants in black, navy and camel colours for men, heels no more than three inches among others are welcome.fashion and trends Updated: Nov 24, 2016 12:24 IST
Go for well fitting clothes and avoid inappropriate apparel and accessories to make an impression in office with your style, says an expert. Meha Bhargava, CEO, Styl.Inc Image consulting, lists some tips to dress smart for office.
1) When it comes to office dressing, keep it simple and sober, but at the same time trendy and comfy. Pencil skirts and A-line skirts are the most appropriate apparel options. If choosing a formal shirt, pair it with blazers (cardigans for the colder months), but buttons should not gape open when worn. Jeans are sometimes appropriate specially when it is weekend or on week days, pick pants in a black, navy or camel colours.
Avoid wearing colourful, patterned, loud prints and neon colour attires. Work dresses should not be too tight, too short or overly revealing in general.
2) It is better to wear no jewellery at all than to wear too much jewellery. Keep earrings small and simple. Necklaces should not dangle, single-strand necklace would be right. Jewellery should not be noisy. Pearls can do wonders.
3) A medium-sized leather bag is a necessity in the workplace. It’s best to buy a handbag and clutch bags in a neutral colour, like black, or brown that does not show stains easily. A purse should be small, coordinate with your shoe colour yet easy to open and carry.
4) Both flats and heels are appropriate for the workday, but a closed toed pair of leather black pumps or ballet flats is essential to a professional woman’s wardrobe. Up to three inches is good to go for both comfort and maintaining professionalism.
5) Nails should be clean and trimmed or sculpted. Say no to unusual or shocking nail colours. Nail art and nail jewels are not acceptable at any workplace.
First Published: Nov 24, 2016 12:22 IST